Decorated Soldier Reportedly Attacked At Concert

H

Hunt4lyf

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3746350/detail.html

Decorated Soldier Reportedly Attacked At Concert
Barton Cannot Return To Iraq Due To Injuries.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A local soldier back from the war in Iraq said he was beaten at an area concert because of what was printed on his T-shirt, NBC 4's Nancy Burton reported.

Soldier Reportedly Attacked

Foster Barton, 19, of Grove City, received a Purple Heart for his military service in Iraq. He almost lost his leg last month after a Humvee he was riding in ran over a landmine.

Barton said he was injured again Friday night in a crowded parking lot as he was leaving the Toby Keith concert at Germain Amphitheatre. The solider was injured so badly that he can't go back to Iraq as scheduled.

"I don't remember getting hit at all, really," said Barton, a member of the 1st Calvary Division. "He hit me in the back of the head. I fell and hit the ground. I was knocked unconscious and he continued to punch and kick me on the ground."

Barton and his family said he was beat up because he was wearing an Iraqi freedom T-shirt.

"It's not our fault," Barton said. "I'm just doing a job."

According to a Columbus police report, six witnesses who didn't know Barton said the person who beat him up was screaming profanities and making crude remarks about U.S. soldiers, Burton reported.

One witness, a friend of the alleged attacker, said Barton hit first. Police said they do not think that witness is credible since the six other witnesses said Barton was hit from behind.

Barton's mother said she has a message for her son's alleged attacker, who police said ran into the crowd after the incident and was not arrested.

"He needs our prayers, just like the insurgents, because he's a coward," Cindy Barton said.

After a two-week leave, Barton was supposed to return to Iraq Tuesday. But his broken nose will delay his return.

Barton is waiting for doctors to tell him when he can return to active duty. He said wants to go back as soon as possible because his unit was just attacked. Eleven soldiers were wounded and two were killed, he said.

They should find the attacker and ship his ass to Iraq in uniform. He's a filthy traitor and should have to serve his country for his crime...If he's so damn tough let him show it to the head choppres in Iraq.

Amen Kingfish, sounds like a good idea to me, people need to learn some respect!

Couldn't of said it better myself KingFish. What a trajedy this is that we can't even be a little thankful that these people are over there risking their lives for us. I have more respect for them, than I do for most people.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

If I had been there I'd have beat the heck out of that P.O.S. Doing that to a man who is recovering from wounds that he received while fighting for this country is down right cowardly and as soon as I would have heard his remarks he would have been on the ground with MY foot upside his head. I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time!!!

Six witnesses and no one helps? Sounds like the attacker wasn't the only coward.
Wes

Sound like "Shades of Viet Nam" all over again. You can bet the coward attacker is a Kerry supporter and loves Jane Fonda. They need to hang all three for treason.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom