Deer 2nd & 3rd choice

2pointer

Does anyone know when we will find out about our 2nd or 3rd choice results? I am assuming that the "back door" only works for our 1st choice.

Any info would help me accept my fate....

2Pointer
www.jglowblinds.com

I'm in the same boat 2Pointer. I only put in for a doe tag so I could "guide" my wife and son if they got their buck tags. They didn't so now we all wait to see if their second choices comes through. It sucks when you put in for an area that needed 0 points the last three years and then don't draw your first choice tag this year. Oh well. Good luck to you.

TM

I finally got a 500# in my file (in license buying process).

2013 - 591 NON RES DEER

Which I think says I drew my 2nd or 3rd choice.

I think all it means is that you drew something on your application. I knew I didn't draw 1st choice because I gained a pref point (via the first backdoor method). So if you also gained a point, then you drew something other than your 1st choice.

LAST EDITED ON May-15-13 AT 02:30PM (MST)[p]Thanks guys. I have a strong feeling I will not be in Colorado this year. I gained a point and am still showing "491 non res deer app"....

Maybe next year. Good luck to you all.

2Pointer
www.jglowblinds.com

>I'm in the same boat 2Pointer.
> I only put in
>for a doe tag so
>I could "guide" my wife
>and son if they got
>their buck tags. They
>didn't so now we all
>wait to see if their
>second choices comes through.
>It sucks when you put
>in for an area that
>needed 0 points the last
>three years and then don't
>draw your first choice tag
>this year. Oh well.
>Good luck to you.
>
>TM

Tool man, when a unit says it only took 0 to draw that means that at least one person drew it with 0 points. You have to get mush more into it to see how exactly it works. For example, my cousin as a NR had 5 points, last year it took only 5 points to draw. But when we crunched the number it was set up to where only 16% of the people with 5 points actually drew. He was not lucky enough to be in the 16% this year. He will be 100% next year.

I probably got a 2nd choice tag then since i gained a point and have the 591 on my app.
Now i just have to impatiently wait to see what i might have drawn.

elks96,

Yeah, I finally figured that out last night. It only meant that at least one person with 0 points drew (it actually came out to about 60% for this area). So, is we get access to the same peice of private land next year, they should be a guarantee with the 1 point. Good think a large percentage draw that same area for doe on their second choice. If I'd have figured that out sooner, I would have put in for a buck tag there as well. Oh well, I'm just happy to be hunting and hoping my son gets his second choice, and my wife does as well so she can go on her first deer hunt.

TM

Where do you find the 591? Is it through the same process as checking for preference points or by accessing the section where you purchase you license?

TM

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom