Deer and Bear

bowhuntrJLG

Its been a few weeks, but have been too busy at work to post until now. I figure I really enjoy reading posts and seeing pics from others here in NM, I should share mine as well and contribute.

Had a great hunt in the middle of November. Harvested a nice meat buck, and then while preparing to begin processing the deer, up walks a nice boar black bear. He wasn't aggressive, but definitely not shy either. I had a bear tag in my pocket and the area was still open at the time, so I ended up racing over to my rifle and having two animals to pack down the mountain instead of one. The shot was at ten yards.

I owe a lot to some new friends I met on this hunt. They were truly amazing, salt of the earth kind of people. What started out as a solo adventure for me turned into a truly memorable experience where new country was explored and new friends were made. Not only did Jake, Nate, Ricky and Jose invite me to join them around their campfire, they invited me to hunt with them and then sacrificed some of their time to help me pack my animals off the mountain. I can honestly say that I have not met better people, and hope to one day return the favor and help them as they have me.

I was also lucky enough to come home from that trip with a filled fall turkey tag and some impressive elk sheds!

4812img0111.jpg

2398img0115.jpg

3176img13871.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom