Deer and elk draw date Zigga?

I'm with Randy on the 20th or, God forbid, the 27th. I don't look forward to the DEA draw as much as the MGS draw because my odds of drawing a special elk are beyond terrible. (same with sheep, I know) I've hunted DEA before too so the level of excitement just isn't there.

I still have a really good chance at drawing that Sheep tag in the lottery.:) I just can't decide where I would go because it's a statewide tag. hmmmmmm?

14th. Look at the date the Commission meets. Usually the follwoing Monday/Tuesday.

I have never seem the draw until early August. If you read the Commissioner's notes they are proposing a antelope quota range.

"Commissioners will make final decisions on the 2009 wolf quotas; the 2009 deer and elk quotas outside those set biennially; the 2009 deer hunting access regulations for Marias River State Park and Wildlife Management Area; the 2009 antelope quota RANGES; the 2009 upland game bird bag limits ; renewal of a hunting access agreement near Lewistown; and acquisition of a fishing access site near Glendive."

The antelope counts will not be in until the end of July or first week of August.

Deer and elk were posted July 22nd last year. Antelope are always a week or two behind.
Where do you see when the commission meets? I know they usually post the Monday after, but didn't realize it was public knowledge when that was?

I've never known DEA results to come out in August and I'm anal about getting the results. I'm betting the third week in July as usual.

All the commission meetings are open to the public and the dates and agendas are open public info, the antelope quota ranges are the high and low permit numbers for each district that FWP can issue. Each HD no matter what species has a permit or quota range that except in an emergency sitution FWP has to stay inside of those ranges, these have all been set a few yeras ago. My guess is what the commission is looking at this year as far as ranges for antelope is a few HD's that need the ranges adjusted.

The game damage hunt roster has been drawn and is posted. It's got to be real soon for the the deer and elk. Good luck to you all.

I'm shocked I didn't draw the sheep supertag. The 22nd sounds like it's the day for the DEA results.

Second choice (unlimited) muley permit so far.
48461bbc1c983664.jpg

>>>First postings are up.
>>
>>
>>Liar!
>
>
>They always update bonus points first.
>

That didn't help either. The suspense is killing me.

All they have to do is post results. Why does it take so long? Technology is a wonderful thing. They should try it sometime.

Hey fellows, I drew another bonus point for elk...I knew it was my year. Good luck to the rest of you!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom