Deer back door is up

mntman

Long Time Member
Just checked and my deer points are back to zero! whoo-hooo :)

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Just drew a muzzleloader deer tag. It'll be my first year going after deer with a muzzleloader.

;-) Mickey Mouse Outfitters provides an experience you will never forget, because we always do it Micky Mouse style. We always guarantee shots. It might be at the ground or in the air, but it's a guarantee we are committed to.

HOT DIGGITY DANG!!!!! We be deer hunting this year!!!!

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Another point for deer.

Now lets see if 17 N.R. Elk points are enough for a Unit 61 Archery tag.

LAST EDITED ON May-11-13 AT 11:02AM (MST)[p]Sweet. I'll be kicking around on unit 61, 3rd season again for deer with my boy this fall.

I should also draw 61 next year for myself with 10 points (Deer). Two years in a row on 61 will be some great times and hopefully some great deer bagged.

Also have 18 points for elk and hope to draw unit 61, 1st season within the next couple years.

Love unit 61. A great unit to see some great deer and elk in the same unit.

My 10 deer points are at "0" & elk points still at 10. I may have drawn a 4th season unit 43 Deer Tag!!!
:)

Good Luck to those that drew!!

Can someone tell me if their points are at 0, are you still showing a "491 Deer App" code when you try to buy a Habitat Stamp. In the past I remember the code would change to something different if you drew.

My day just went to shizit. My son and wife didn't draw their deer tags. I had private land access this year in an area that took 0 points last year for buck tags. I knew there was a chance they couldn't draw, but we really had our hopes up. Time for a cocktail

TM

Wait....reading this post just gave me a bit of hope again. Does anyone know how we can see if my wife and son drew their second choice which was a doe tag????

Thanks,

TM

Sorry for all the questions guys, but it's my first draw as a resident here in Colorado. If the system says you have one point, meaning you didn't draw your first choice, is it still possible to have your second choice. Or, would drawing that second choice take away your point? Thanks for any help.

Tim

Zero points for me! I finally got a 2nd season deer tag!

Moose

Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up

Got my answer. The 2013-491 Deer App code shows for a friend who has 0 points, so either I drew my 2nd choice or they haven't updated the App codes yet.

Hope is still alive!

Building points for me, but looks like my wife didn't draw the 4th season tag I was hoping she'd get.

Yahoo, Drew unit 63 third season. Looks like I get to learn a new area. Looking forward to it. Hope it is a good use of three points.

SGS,

Check your preference points. There is a link on the main Big Game page. If you have 1 more point than you had last year, you didn't draw your first choice. If your points are gone, well then, you drew your first choice. You can't tell if you drew a 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice yet.

The usual "back door" isn't working yet.

I applied my sons for a unit that according to DOW point statistics 65% chance to draw with 1 point for 3rd season as a resident. Well neither son drew. Guess youth preference doesnt matter either. So this make 3 years with no deer hunting. BULL SH*T. My sons are drastically loosing interest in hunting here in colorado.

Looks like I need to ramp up my exercise program as well.
Why do I torture myself like this?....Oh wait, it is because it is what I live for.
Good luck all.
Best,
Jerry

Go to the "Big Game" page on the web site and click on the "draw results and preference points"... Enter your info and at the bottom of the page your points will be updated if you drew.

Todd

I drew last yr and the yr before so if my deer points have not updated like it shows below does that mean I drew again?

Current Preference Points
Species Points Weighted Points Year
Moose 3 8 2013
Deer 0 0 2010
Sheep 3 9 2013
Goat 3 9 2013

That means the back door points isn't completed yet. If you didn't draw for 2013 it would not post 2010.

RHarris- Yes, you drew your deer tag. Everyone's deer points have already been updated. If you'd failed to draw this year, your points would now read 1 0 2013. As long as you keep drawing each year, that 2010 date listed under "Current Points" is never going to change.

That does make sence, That is why my moose points say 0 2008 every year. I don't apply for moose. Once you have a point the current year is put up. I guess I drew a muzzle tag this year.

Nothing for either me or my wife. I did not think I'd draw, but her odds should have been near 100%. Not sure what happened, but I'd guess point creep is playing with our minds.

Looks like I'll be archery hunting at home in Wyoming unless I draw Nevada (50-50) or beat 1 in 1600 odds and draw the Henry Mtns in Utah. :)

I called DOW today and got this answer. " The preference points statistics are not correct for 2013 because as of last thursday(may 9th) they approved a 25% cut in all Colorado deer tags across the board"

that was straight from the DOW's mouth. He said units that used to take 1 or 2 points will now take 4 or more because of fewer tags.

I inquired about our specific unit and he said tags were cut from 250 to 220 for 3rd season.

That is not 25% but still a cut. Making it even harder to draw.

LAST EDITED ON May-13-13 AT 05:09PM (MST)[p]I called DOW today and got this answer. " The preference points statistics are not correct for 2013 because as of last thursday(may 9th) they approved a 25% cut in all Colorado deer tags across the board"

BullS###

What if I drew last year and had Zero points and it shows I still have zero this year, Did I draw?

Species Points Weighted Points Year
Deer 0 0 2012
Elk 0 0 2008

TRC

>I called DOW today and got
>this answer. " The preference
>points statistics are not correct
>for 2013 because as of
>last thursday(may 9th) they approved
>a 25% cut in all
>Colorado deer tags across the
>board"
>
>that was straight from the DOW's
>mouth. He said units
>that used to take 1
>or 2 points will now
>take 4 or more because
>of fewer tags.
>
>I inquired about our specific unit
>and he said tags were
>cut from 250 to
>220 for 3rd season.
>
>That is not 25% but still
>a cut. Making it
>even harder to draw.

Lol, whatever. Since I know just about everyone in Colo Sprgs and Denver office who exactly told you this?

>I called DOW today and got
>this answer. " The preference
>points statistics are not correct
>for 2013 because as of
>last thursday(may 9th) they approved
>a 25% cut in all
>Colorado deer tags across the
>board"
>
>that was straight from the DOW's
>mouth. He said units
>that used to take 1
>or 2 points will now
>take 4 or more because
>of fewer tags.
>
>I inquired about our specific unit
>and he said tags were
>cut from 250 to
>220 for 3rd season.
>
>That is not 25% but still
>a cut. Making it
>even harder to draw.

Your statement doesn't make much sense. They don't hold the drawing until after the tag quotas are set, so if they lowered the tags by 25%, they would have used those reduced tag numbers in the drawing. Therefore the back door for points should still be accurate

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

LAST EDITED ON May-15-13 AT 08:13AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-14-13 AT 07:31?PM (MST)

Looks like I drew 4th season rifle in the Pagosa Springs area. Third season last year was my worst hunt in Colorado. The year before I killed a really nice 4 point that netted 187. Hoping for another good hunt this year.

84662011_colorado.jpg

>Here is the link to allocation
>of tags.
>
>http://wildlife.state.co.us/SiteCol...ommission/2013/May/ChW-2-Quota-AsApproved.pdf

I read the allocations from this link. I'd say whoever said they cut tags 25% across the board is full of it or putting us on. Most units stayed the same and there were a few small increases and no drastic changes at all. Also, like someone else said, they don't draw until tag numbers are set. Happily, according to the "backdoor", my party of 3 all drew 3rd season unit 12 and 23. Looking foward to a good combo hunt.

>>Here is the link to allocation
>>of tags.
>>
>>http://wildlife.state.co.us/SiteCol...ommission/2013/May/ChW-2-Quota-AsApproved.pdf
>
>
>I read the allocations from this
>link. I'd say whoever said
>they cut tags 25% across
>the board is full of
>it or putting us on.
>Most units stayed the same
>and there were a few
>small increases and no drastic
>changes at all. Also, like
>someone else said, they don't
>draw until tag numbers are
>set. Happily, according to the
>"backdoor", my party of 3
>all drew 3rd season unit
>12 and 23. Looking foward
>to a good combo hunt.
>

The hunt I applied for went down 27% in tag numbers. So, it was pretty drastic for me.

LAST EDITED ON May-15-13 AT 10:42AM (MST)[p]Edited: The land owner voucher bill passed. Does anyone know when it takes effect? Those tags come out of the general draw, so even if the allocation didn't change, your chances of drawing went down.

LAST EDITED ON May-15-13 AT 06:46PM (MST)[p]3rd season buck, 4 years in a row!

HighcountryHays....ooooh, nice buck.

Nevermind. I am a resident and got code 059. Guess we all got our second choice doe tags. Hopefully will get that freezer full again!

TM

The officer i spoke to did not say his name, He kept saying that he was also in the same boat as me and trying to figure out why his grandson hasnt drawn with a 70% chance either. I do not think he knew exactly what he was talking about either because youth do not have a advantage in the 1st go around for buck tags and he told me that they did.

TXHunter, I never said the back door points was not correct, I said, that the draw odds and prefernce points required from the dow site was not correct because they lowered the tag numbers 2 weeks ago.

I should have know better to open my mouth on this site anymore!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom