Deer back door method?

Way too early, backdoor is usually about 5 days prior to the posting date which is like June 2nd. Still have elk to go prior to deer...
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Unfortunatley the backdoor used to work about 5-days early. it seems to be only 1 day early this year for sheep and moose, at least.

Thanks guys, Im just getting antsy as hell to find out. To do the back door method you need to log into the CDOW web site and proceed to buy a habitat stamp, its the same process you follow to apply for the hunts, just click the button at the bottom to buy a habitat stamp. You don't even have to put any credit card info in. When you get to the last page scroll down and it will show you your previous purchases and you will see a number next to the hunt you put in for. its usually a number in the 400 range or 500 range. I believe that if it is in the 500 range you may have drawn.

Yes and you will see the same species listed twice if you drew.
For example, everyone's will show something like this:
480 Deer App
If successfull it will also show something like this all in that same area:
580 Deer

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I hear rumor that they are drawing today, I haven't called to confirm. Does that mean we can find out later today via the back door?

If what you say is true, most likely then on Monday the "back door" method might show it then.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Is there a way to tell if the application pending for deer noted in the "Backdoor" method is for a license or just a point?

I sent an application change request in well before the change deadline (actually before the application deadline) and I am not sure if they made the change or not.

It does not appear that they changed my elk application as we drew a cow elk license, BUT, I may have included a second choice on my elk application which may explain why we drew a license.

My pending deer application has a code of 491, is that the general NR deer application number or is it a code for PP only?

Thanks for any assistance.

I also have the 491 code so I believe that the is the NR deer application number, not just the PP code. I hope that helps.

LAST EDITED ON May-21-11 AT 07:47AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-21-11 AT 07:46?AM (MST)

>Is there a way to tell
>if the application pending for
>deer noted in the "Backdoor"
>method is for a license
>or just a point?
>
>I sent an application change request
>in well before the change
>deadline (actually before the application
>deadline) and I am not
>sure if they made the
>change or not.
>
>It does not appear that they
>changed my elk application as
>we drew a cow elk
>license, BUT, I may have
>included a second choice on
>my elk application which may
>explain why we drew a
>license.
>
>My pending deer application has a
>code of 491, is that
>the general NR deer application
>number or is it a
>code for PP only?
>
>Thanks for any assistance.
>264

If you earned a point (and did not also get a license) you will have no additional entry, so "yes" you can tell if you did not get any license at all.

If you did not apply online, you should have. You can still see what you applied for and answer all your own questions (2nd choice or not, etc. If you did not retain some cpopy of your application, again you should so you can keep track, and more importantly prove what was sent in in case of error by DOW(which happens).

LAST EDITED ON May-21-11 AT 10:37AM (MST)[p]Thanks for the information. I sent in our CO apps early this year assuming what would happen in the AZ draw. We all know what happens when we ASS-U-ME and low and behold, we beat astronimical odds and drew an increadable elk tag in AZ. We then sent in changes to our CO apps in hopes that they would make the changes.

At this point, I know we drew a cow tag in CO because I called the CDOW, but not sure which unit. I guess I will just have to wait to see if the deer applications were changed or not. Maybe next week.

It's a good problem to have, but I am trying to avoid having too many tags this year, especially overlapping tags in different states.

Good thing about CO is you can get a full refund. If it was your first choice, you get the choice of a refund or your points going in. Second or lower choice, take the refund.

Just called and I have 1 pt. Didnt have any last year. That means no luck in my book. Good luck to the rest of you.

I didn't draw my first choice either, don't know if I got my second choice. good luch guys. You can call DOW and find out if you atleast got your first choice, they cann't tell you if you got your second.

Mark

Hey Elmer, What do you mean by a refund? If I drew my second choice and I don't want to hunt it are you saying I can give my tag back for a refund?

Mark

Just talked to the DOW. He said they didn't have results yet. But also told me I have 5 points for deer. Thinking I didn't draw first choice??? He said the draw was done, but that the info had not been entered into their computers yet. Hopefully my news will change when they update the computers...So you're tellin' me there's a chance!

WH

Point only for elk youth is 495. Youth deer is 493.

Adult elk is 488. Adult deer is 491.

These are the codes for preference points only.

LAST EDITED ON May-24-11 AT 11:29AM (MST)[p]Not quite. 491 just means you submitted an application. It does not mean points only.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom