Deer Bonus Point

nvnative79

I was wondering if I could just buy a bonus point or do I have to put in for the drawing. Thanks and if anyone has any questions about Nevada I am more then willing to help you out

I might be wrong but you must apply but if you apply for PP only, They'll charge your card $79.00. The $3 app fee and $20 point fee will not be refunded. You'll see the rest back in mid-late june.

I just applied for bonus point only. The charge was $79.00 (refund for some of it). I remember last year I had to pay the entire $300 and some odd dollars just for a bonus point up front and then most was refunded. changes this year?

Unless I'm reading the booklet wrong, it shows that the entire tag fee must be submitted just for a point draw?

I've heard guys paying the $300 plus fee and guys saying they paid like $79 fee? I must be missing something?

Yes 76 .00 to apply plus $3.00 application fee.Then you get $51.00 returned towards the end of June.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-08 AT 06:46PM (MST)[p]I guess I'm bothered by this because I can't find it anywhere. I have the booklet open and it says the whole tag amount is required even if applying for points only.I will be submitting the full amount anyways but I've been in an argument with a guy who wants a point only. Trying to look out for him I showed him in the booklet but he still says no? And people on this site say $79.Wouldn't CO post the change somewhere online about it if that was the case? I can't find it. Hope he doesn't get screwed out of a point is all.

Rem308, you get everything back but the $3.00 if you had a license previous year. Thats any license. So for example, last year I had a deer tag. This year I don't have to pay the PP fee for either deer or elk. Gonna draw elk this year (Probably) so next year when I apply PP for both, no PP fee.

Penquin, Regs talk about residents paying only for reduced price doe tag for PP only. Thats how elk works, only pay cow tag price plus $3.00. I did it online and it automatically came up to $79.00 based on my application didn't have a buck tag as a second choice. I VERY comfortable I'll get a point, Don't worry.

Ya did everything right and you will get your point. A special doe hunt was included this year where the non res tag only costs $79. When you apply for the point only, CDOW charges the lowest tag amount. ($250+ for non res cow elk and $79 special doe hunt for deer)

If you purchased any big game tag last year, you will not be charged the $25 point application fee. If this is the first time you have applied for a big game license, then the CDOW will deduct a $25 point app fee plus the $3 big game app fee and return the rest in June sometime.

Hope this helps. Its been a real topic of discussion this year.
264X300

LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-08 AT 00:55AM (MST)[p]you have to apply for the point and pay up front.. then after the draw they give the point and refund! .....this is last year that if you draw they will take all points ....next year they will only take what it takes to draw!
rm

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-08
>AT 00:55?AM (MST)

>

> ....next year
>they will only take what
>it takes to draw!
>rm

Where did you get that info from???

MSgt, USAF
1984 to present

Califelkslayer said:

>Rem308, you get everything back but
>the $3.00 if you had
>a license previous year.
>Thats any license. So
>for example, last year I
>had a deer tag.
>This year I don't have
>to pay the PP fee
>for either deer or elk.
> Gonna draw elk this
>year (Probably) so next year
>when I apply PP for
>both, no PP fee.
>

I am not sure that is correct. Quoting from the Colorado regulations, page 3, item 2.b under Preference Points.

"Unsuccessful applicants and those who apply for a point will be assessed a $25 fee per species unless they have purchased 1 of the following:

a....

b. A big game license in the previous year or a current limited license for the same species for which they are seeking a point."

Depending on how you read that, and the DOW provided no punctuation to help us figure it out, it could mean that you are only covered for the species for which you purchased a license in the previous year, not all species.

Mark

LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-08 AT 03:24PM (MST)[p]To me it sounds like the fee is waived if you had any big game license last year, or buy a license for the same species for this year, i.e. you draw a second choice tag for deer or elk with a PP as your 1st choice. That's the only logical way I can read it.

The way I understand it is you had to have had a license for each species you are requesting a pref point for. No license last year = $25 fee this year.

MSgt, USAF
1984 to present

Any prior big game license eliminates the $25 fee. I started my deer point accumulation last year and expected to get hit with the fee, but because I had an elk tag the previous year, CDOW did not charge me the $25 fee. I received a refund for everything except the $3 app fee.

Hope this helps
264X300

Tenn.....
it was recorded... when I had a qustion I called them and while on hold the played per-recorded messages that talked of it...
rm

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom