Deer Draw Results

D

dbrehm

How long till we know about the draw results for Deer in Wyomng? The wait is killing me.

Awful long time indeed. I've got to wonder what they're doing the whole time??? They must have a real supercomputer running the code for the draws!

The longer they hold on to our money the more interest they make off of it. If they did the drawing right away they would have to refund the money to those who were not successful.

I've heard both sides. Couple guy posted recently that it was illegal to gain moneys from our application down payments. I suspect that BigMass is correct though, seems the most logical reason. In any event, i've always loved hunting Wy, been lots of times, met a bunch of great people, but the Non-resident wilderness law and the long wait to find out if a guy draws out are no doubt perplexing.

These months are very hard on a guy that needs to plan his vacation time ahead. One year, i had a tentative slot reserved in case i drew my tag. I did, the boss said no, i can't go cause others already are scheduled for that period. I had to quit that company but they hired me back on my return. Such is life.

the other Joey

It has something to do with the residents. After that draw they see what was left and put those leftovers in the NR draw.

I highly doubt it has anything to do with the $0.72 of interest you would have made.

I won't claim to know tons about finance, but, if you have 1000 NR tags purchased at an average of 500 a piece that equals $500,000. They can purchase a 3 month CD and make some good $ with little or no overhead... If it I was running their organization, I sure as hell would.

Robin, I think the $500.00 per is high but the 1,000 apps are low. More like 20,000-30,000 apps they have to refund. It's just business so i don't get upset about it. Just like the NR needs a guide in the wilderness. It is what it is.

Co, Id, Ore, NM have wilderness so hunt them iffen you want.

I don't agree with the Wy law but there's alot of things I don't agree with and if I got upset, I'd be upset all of the time.

Between Colorado and Wyoming it about drives me nuts.One year I drew tags for both states and could only have time to hunt one of them,lost $300.
Going to save me a little money in the future ,I am not applying for elk anymore after this year.Father time is catching up to me and going to give up hunting the high country and stay with deer and antelope.

it takes Wyo a long time to figure out the deer populations after the winter kill factor.
They then can set a quota and they have a lot of limited quota areas, a guess...
thats what I heard.
elk have less winter kill so they can draw earlier as populations are not effected as much as deer and antelope.
I agree, july is a long wait, seems they could bump in up to june...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom