Deer Hunting 76

pwrlineman

I'm interested in a muzzeloader deer hunt in 76 but have a hard time finding good information regarding deer. Sounds like deer numbers are low, but that some good ones can be found at timberline in september. I'm particulary interested in hunting along the divide and would appreciate any information possible. Dad and I have 10 points and would prefer a late rut hunt, but I'm not sure we can keep up with the pont creep and may substitute for a quality early hunt. Thanks for considering

In that unit the deer go downslope quickly when the weather goes bad. Not a lot of deer there at any time of year. A few of the Mineral County boys are serious deer hunters and have all year to spot. It will be tough to fill two buck tags.

If you don't know the area well it isn't an easy unit to find deer that you can get to. One area that seems to hold deer is accessed by taking the road out of the back of Creede and driving to the parking area near the top. Leave the truck and walk up the two track and glass the large area of buckbrush on the right when you get up high enough near the divide.

Thanks. I'm really interested in the southern portion of the unit in the wilderness where access is more challenging. Would love to hear from anyone who's hunted this area and their thoughts.

Horses? If so Fisher Mtn area might be worth a look. You might not see too much outfitter activity during muzzleloader season. I saw a huge buck once a few years ago up there - during early elk only season.

Weminuche Creek or Ute Creek drainages both have some good area. I have seen deer up there but I have personally never laid eyes on a really big buck up there.

That's all I've got. Good luck finding your deer.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom