Deer Hunting Elk Sheds

randyh1221gj

Found a couple of nice elk sheds during my third season deer hunt this year.

Found this nice 5 pt shed early one morning about a mile out and ended up carrying it with me for a few hours while my daughter and I worked our way back to our jump-off point.

IMG_6824.jpg

Then about two days later shortly after daylight I was in the same general area by myself and was glassing a hill for deer when I glanced to my right and saw a bright white something sticking out of the brush about 20 yards away. After finishing my glassing, I walked over to it and found my biggest elk shed to date. Here's the ATL with it partially hidden in the sage and grass. The pics really don't show it very well but the mass on this thing is awesome. The base circumference is about 11 inches.

IMG_6861.jpg

Since I was just starting my morning hunt and didn't want to pack this heavy thing around all morning, I tucked it under some brush and came back for it on my way out later in the day. Here's the sunny side up after the pack out.

IMG_6868.jpg

And the brown side.

IMG_6865.jpg

always nice finding sheds while hunting. good looking shed

"getting real sick of that chevy ad in the elk forum"

I try not to park it in the middle of the road, it gets in other people's way! It is in the same spot in all pics just off the edge of the road at a jump off spot where everyone parks that hikes the area we were in.

>Not 1 pic of your wheeler
>on a road....nice finds though.
>

The road is in the back ground get over your self!! Love finding horns when hunting it always an added bonus!

Relax bud!, I was giving the O.P. a hard time...Guess I should have added a :) at the end so you could understand the sarcasm. And yes I saw the road.

Congrats on the late finds.

Alright!! I can understand that. I find it funny how so many of the MM members jump all over not seeing the road! That's one reason I have stopped posting pictures here.

I know what you mean about thinking twice about posting. Seems to be a lot of mmers just waiting to pounce on ANY use of ATV's. At least this was all in fun. For us they save a ton of wear and tear, fuel etc. over my F350 in getting us to our jump off spots from camp. We don't dig any ruts in the roads either!

Actually, I was thinking about getting one of these then I could go even further off the road. Just think, swampy ground, lakes, no terrain would be a problem with this rig! :)

8713ultimate_atv.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom