deer hunting in B.C. and Alberta 2006---2009

G

georgiaboy

I posted a info request Aug. 09. No Answers were received!! For those of you who may plan to hunt B.C. or Alberta in the next couple of years be advised.I have hunted these two provinces the last four years two outfitters in B.C. two in Alberta. After getting there all four outfitters admitted deer numbers were down. Some claimed Wolves were a factor and I did see quiet a few tracks -all admitted winter kill ! Canada is beautiful country with very friendly people. You will not come away empty hande if you enjoy hunting new places with beautiful scenery!
That being said be aware that these areas have had severe winter kills the last four years. Yes you will-should see deer but the numbers are way down and the TROPHY DEER 150 up WT 170 up MD opportunities are greatly deminished. If you are booking a hunt be sure to press your outfitter hard for what you expect to see or hunt.
If you can afford to go by all means do - this is a beautiful country. Just do your homework more aggressively than normal. Good hunting to all in 2010.

I hunted whitetail in Saskatchewan in 2006 and 18 people in camp killed 18 bucks with two over 170 and two others over 160. The camp average was 145 and could have been higher if a couple of first timers hadn't shot 115 deer on the first day.

I went back in 2008 and 16 hunters killed 15 bucks with the largest being 145. The camp average was 130.

The only explanation was that the winters of 2006/2007 and 2007/2008 were the hardest they had in several years. Everyone saw a lot of small bucks but the big ones weren't around.

I think people would do well to heed your advice, I think some outfitters with good 20 year records haven't done well the last couple of years.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Canada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Outstanding waterfowl or whitetail deer hunt in beautiful Saskatchewan, Canada.

Urge 2 Hunt

Premier hunts in Alberta for trophy whitetail, mule deer, elk, moose and black bear. Guaranteed tags.

Back
Top Bottom