Deer in Unit 14

I've got a place north of Steamboat to stay for hunting season.
I'm just wondering who would have experience in this area for deer, especially during muzzleloader. I'm not looking for a monster. We would just like to have some opportunities. We are younger, able to get back a few miles, and would have access to ATVs. We do have 0 points for both deer and elk.
Also, we'd get leftover cow elk tags.

Would muzzleloader be better than 2nd or 3rd season?
So if you've hunted this area and would have some ideas or recommendations I would appreciate it!
Brian

I have spent a lot of time in that unit elk hunting in the past and it has gotten really crowded the last few years. You used to be able to get off the road a few miles and not see hardly anyone but the last time I was up there a few years ago during the archery season there were hunters all over. There are some nice bucks up high but there is also a early rifle season in that unit that pushes a lot of deer around.

I would definitely go muzzleloader vs one of the rifle seasons unless you have private land to hunt.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom