deer in unit 37

O

outtabreath

Wondering if anyone can give me any help? Never been to that unit and won't have time to scout it. I will trade info for unit 52 if anyone cares to throw me a bone. I'm not looking for anything special, just meat for the freezer. Also, what are some of the USGS maps titled for that area? Thanks... Trey

Hey Trey..

only place I know is Captian Mountain I think off forest 616 I can't recall if it is right forest #...or Southeast of Ancho... between there....and there is campground name Baca..maybe NMHUNTNUTT can correct me..

Good Luck!!

vinihunt

I like to also hunt Ancho, it's pretty thick and is ideal for bow hunting, stalking etc. Coming from the north on54 turn onto 462 to Ancho , but you can go futher on into the Lincoln. Anywhere on both sides is great deer country. This area is heavily road hunted so get off the beaten path and you will find bucks within the area....Pretty fun unit with plenty of deer for sure.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-27-08 AT 05:40PM (MST)[p]Did you get the Capitan Mountain portion or no? It is split up into 2 sections....

I also got a tag for Unit 37, Capitan Mountain portion. Never been there but got a spot to go from a buddy. Hope it's a good spot anyways. Maybe I can make it down there one of these next weekends...

Thanks for the help guys. No, I do not have Capitan Mtns area, just the Lincoln section.
Like I said, I don't know anything about this unit. Third choice. I didn't know if there were any deer or not. I was thinking NOT going. The other three guys on our APP aren't coming,so it will just be me. Trey

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom