Deer in unit 9

G

giladreamer

Sure could use some help as I'm not familiar with Unit 9. My son drew a tag for deer 11-10 thur 14. It will be his first hunt and I'd love to be able to help him make it a successful one. I have also been applying for 9 as I know the unit was closed to deer hunting for 10 or so years and has only been open for a couple now. I've heard there are some monsters but the density is pretty low. To be honest I'd love the monster but my son would just like to have an opportunity. The Game Warden has steered me away from the Marquez in favor of the Boulder tank area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Been reading for years but my first attempt at posting. Hope I'm not to lenghty.

San Mateo Mesa. Not alot but enough to keep you hooked and yeah there are some good bucks....

Also I meant to tell you best of luck , sure do enjoy hearing about more kids out enjoying the outdoors. I hope you can find him a buck...

Thanks, on my one and only scouting trip we did head up to San Mateo Mesa and saw a few doe up on top one evening. Any words of wisdom about the Marquez Wildlife Area or the area around Boulder Tank?

We are going anyway even if its just to see some elk and watch the fire burn...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom