Deer numbers

Long Time Member
I was halfway listening to Rod Arquet the other night. He had a Utah lawmaker on talking about a wildlife bill they were trying to run. Had something to do with the decline of mule deer and had some sense of urgency. I was working so I missed a lit of the details but he was specifically mentioning numbers in the winter ground being way down. It got me thinking and in my neck of the woods there seems to be a huge decrease in deer where I normally see them wintering. I'm seeing what feels like 20% of the numbers I saw last year in the same area. Also car deer crashes have been almost non existent this winter.

Completely aside from the herd declines everyone agrees on, it is shocking how few deer I'm seeing compared to just a year ago.

ITS JUST NOT IN UTAH, BUT IN MANY PARTS OF THE WEST. COLORADO DEER NUMBERS ARE WAY DOWN, THIS IS NOT A GOOD TIME FOR MULE DEER HERDS. ………….PERIOD! THEY TEND TO BE A FRAGILE ANIMAL, MANY REASONS...……......DIRTY .BINO LENSES ARE NOT ONE OF THEM !!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YD.

We've Hunted them to Death for Decades & then All of a Sudden people are just barely Noticing it!

Blame the Predators!

But for GAWDS Sakes Don't Blame the Real Predators!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom