Deer Region D?

WillHunt

I will be hunting antelope in 48 next fall (hopefully) and I've started thinking about deer in that area too, which I think is Region D. I'm not so much thinking about a combo hunt next year, but was thinking that since I'll be familiarizing myself with that area, I might as well be keeping my eyes open for future deer areas while I'm antelope hunting. Are there any decent public DIY opportunities for deer in D (like 70?)? I have 1 deer PP but after doing some research I'm thinking that general regions may be a better option for me than chasing points at this point in the game - I don't know.

Public land in that area is pretty poor for deer.I stopped hunting deer in that area a couple years ago and hear it is worse now days.
for antelope it is still pretty good,but not for deer.Just my thoughts.

The areas to the south that were part of D and went limited quota this year will be better in a couple of years. They'll improve next year, but have a ways to go. But not much for quality in that northern portion of D.

You are thinking right about some of the other regions.

I hunted elk in unit 10 this last October and saw several deer where I hunted but never saw a buck.I saw more deer than I expected to see.
Now for elk,I only saw one and she already was in a truck going past our camp.

We hunted deer in the Miracle Mile/Dome Rock'ish area for 4 for days and didn't see a single buck. This is hunting on a private ranch that gets very little to no pressure. The deer numbers have decreased every year for the past 5 years. We've hunted the same area for 9-10 years. We hunt goats in 48 and that's fun. I am debating even buying a deer tag next year. I think I may just save my $$ and only kill goats and rabbits. :) The drought has really effected the deer herd. I look back on this years trip and am dumbfounded that we didn't see a single buck in 4 days of hunting. I hope next year they cut the tags allotted by at least 50%.

Too many tags= unhappy wife

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom