Deer Status around Challis area

bigfoot llamas

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-09 AT 12:35PM (MST)[p]Hunted this area a couple of years ago and was able to take a buck. Planning on heading up again this year. Just wanted to check in and see if there has been any early success this year. I plan on taking my son for his first rifle hunt.

meatinthepot

Wow, nothing huh? I kinda got the impression from locals when I was there last time that there was not alot of archery going on in the area but I thought maybe there would be alittle feedback? How about anything from last year? Should I be keeping my money or heading somewhere else?

meatinthepot

There are tons of deer between Challis and Salmon. Hell about 6 per day get killed by cars on Hwy 93. Try heading up Morgan creek road and hunt the sage hills.
Paul
"Nice Rack" Taxidermy

Yeah I liked Morgan Creek we seen alot of smaller bucks in that area. I am sure some nicer bucks move in with some weather. Hopefully October brings something different than September.

Good to hear that there are some deer though. Thanks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom