deer unit 117

midwesthunter

Thinking about putting in for this unit this year. I have the points to draw it, also have enough to draw G. But was thinking this might be a better overall hunt? Less people than G, still a high country hunt.

But then there is the wilderness area and grizzly's around it. Talked to an outfitter that guides it (not that I am wanting guided), he said its some nasty country and was trying to talk me into a 116 hunt. I assume its because they hunt a private ranch and would be a much easier hunt.

Anyone hunt this unit before? I know deer numbers aren't super high but are on the rise and they take some real nice ones out of there each year.

Thanks

It's an incredible unit and it is a true high country hunt. I hunted it in 2010. The country is hard to compare to. Scouting I found some really large bucks. Hunting was a different story. It's definitely a unit I plan on hunting again. Pm me and we can talk.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom