Deer

I've never tried that but if you try for a hard to draw tag like 101 or 102 type 1 it not likely you will draw. Some units like these may not even have a nr tag but double check the odds as I have no idea the quotas for those units.

Apply for a LQ tag as first choice, region second. Depending on the odds and your points you probably won't draw either one but can hope there's leftovers in a region you want.

101 type 1 only had 3 tags last year that went to guys with 12 point. Thats the regular points side and not the special. There was no nr tags available in the random. You will not draw it unless you have 13 points..Its a safe first choice.

What if you have max points? I have asked for a Prefence Point 1st choice multiple times and no one can tell me why it doesn't exist. Stinks for those that want to save their max points and try for a 2nd choice tag. Oooh well I guess.

You could apply with someone who has less points, enough less that your average is low enough that you can apply for some first choice hunt and not have a chance of drawing it.

Bob the thing is points do not matter at all in the Random draw.
A guy with one point has the same odds as a guy with max.

>What if you have max points?
>I have asked for a
>Prefence Point 1st choice multiple
>times and no one can
>tell me why it doesn't
>exist. Stinks for those that
>want to save their max
>points and try for a
>2nd choice tag. Oooh well
>I guess.

We've never had that option, not sure we ever will.

LAST EDITED ON May-29-19 AT 03:02AM (MST)[p]>Is there a way to apply
>for a deer tag and
>not use my points?

So I applied 101 type 1, first choice and region c 2nd choice. I have 8 Pp but I applied on the party tag with a guy that has none. I think I should be safe in keeping my points just hoping to pull that region c tag

Regular was 0.7% last year and Special was 0%. Not sure if increased quota would generate a random in the special or not?

If it were me I would be hoping for 101 over C!

>Special or regular?

I applied regular, I'm thinking about changing it to special thou to have a better chance at region c

You won't draw Region C as a second choice in the regular price draw. Way more first choice applicants than available tags. So having it as a second choice you have zero chance. If you were in the Special draw, then yes you would draw, 100%.

However I don't believe you can change from the regular to the special at this point. All you can do is go in and change the region/areas you applied for on your existing application.

LAST EDITED ON May-29-19 AT 02:16PM (MST)[p]Yes, Bob d. got around to what I was implying. You pretty much just donated some credit card fees to Wyoming by applying in the regular. Unless of course you strike gold with the random 101 tag.

I think he can delete the entire app and start over in the special...? Think you pay just $5...? Call Game & Fish...not sure if there is a random on the special side of 101 or not. Either way 101 would be like winning the lottery if you did draw! I doubt you be disappointed hunting it!

I see a few guys wasted big points on C last year...had to be a goof

>>Withdraw then re apply. They have
>>an explanation when you click
>>the modify button.
>
>
>We are going to do
>it

Done. Changed it to a special application. Wow my wife?s going to be mad this year! That makes 2 special apps for me! Lol! Thanks for the help guys!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom