Del Cameron info?

K

KattTraxx

The question before this distinguished panel in this post is: "Does anyone have any information on Del Cameron books and dogs?" I would like to buy a copy of some of his books. Is he still alive? From the limited information I have been able to find, he lived in Idaho somewhere, but I am unsure how old he would be, if he is still alive.

Someone somewhere must know someone who can help get in touch with him, or a source for dogs and books. Pioneers like Mr. Cameron have my respect, and I think there is still much to learn from the old "Grand Masters".

Thanks for the assistance in this pursuit. I did a search of all the older posts, and there has been mention of his name, but no good information like I need. Please feel free to use my personal inbox here at MM or e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks Again for the help.. KattSkatt

I had the privilege of spending an afternoon with Del Cameron at his home in Stevensville, Montana a few years back, perhaps one of the highlights of my hound dog career. He was in his late fifties or early sixties then and still lean as a whip. The man is a natural story teller and I could've sat for hours listening to his tales of running lion and bear in the Bitterroot mountains and throughout the west. Those old time hunters had a lot of balls dumping their dogs on in some of that country without tracking collars. Like you, they have my respect.

His first book is out of print, and I hear its hard to get ahold of now from what I have heard, I did'nt find anything out of the ordinary about most the storys just typical western biggame hunting storys, gives you something to read though I geuss.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom