Delorme Earthmate PN-40 map ?'s

sagefrog

I am looking at buying a new hunting GPS and this one and the Garmin 62s are at the top of the list. Are there surface management maps available to load on these units like with the Garmins that would show BLM, USFS, and private boundaries? From what little I have looked at each, I like the mapping of the PN-40 over the Garmin 62s.
Thanks

Take a look at the surface management base maps from Montana Mapping for GPS units. I loaded the CO map on my Garmin Oregon and it is great, sure beats the preloaded maps. I'm not sure if the software is compatible with a Delorme unit though.

I believe the lastest Topousa 9 shows private land boundaries. TopoUsa7, which I have shows NF , State Park boundaries, and pirvate land boundaries, but the private boundary lines are not accurate. All other boundaries seem to be accurate.

As an alternative, you could buy Xmap from Delorme, which I believe you can use any map, picture, whatever. Once you designate coordinates, the program converts it into a map which you can then download onto your gps.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom