Depredation Bull Hunt

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
Does anyone have any experience with one of these hunts good or bad? I'm still on the waiting period to apply for bull elk and thought I might look into applying for a depredation tag. I see it mentions low elk numbers and success rate but I'd be happy with just a "chance" at taking a branch antlered bull if given the chance. Thanks!

>read the data on the hunts
>on ndows website. you
>might be surprised.
>Statistics page

Yeah I read through the draw odds and harvest data but I couldn't find any info as far as where the actual hunt boundaries were and if you had to be within so many miles of a particular area.

I assume you are a resident?

Didn't think waiting periods apply to depredation?

Non resident= no depredation

I have hunted the depredation hunt the last three years in area 10 if you are looking for a branch antlered bull you will be able to do that pretty easy. We killed two out of the three seasons both bulls being 280" 6x6. I have seen a few in there that were bigger but as the regs say the elk numbers are low so if you pass a 6x6 bull you deserve exactly what you get as is what happened with the year we were unsuccessful. The hunter passed a 260"-270" 6x6 and never did kill a bull. All in all this is a very fun hunt and hard hunt do your home work and you will have success.

I didn't see a depredation option when I applied.

As a NR, on time out time, and what was said above, I'm guessing NRs can't apply for these hunts??

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom