Desert Ram

honker

Thought I'd show off the ram I took last weekend here in NV. Put him to bed the night before the opener. Found him the next morning, stalked to within 25+/- yds, and shot him at about 8:15 (can't believe I left the muzzleloader at home). Found a couple others that may have been bigger, but couldn't resist the classic look of this guy. My sheep hunting partner Ron Taylor and my father (in the 2nd pic) were along on this hunt with me. 15" bases ~ 36" length ~ 8 / 9 yr old depending on who's count'n.
Jason

jason112005-1.jpg

jason112005-2.jpg

Ya that final score is all frosting...that is one great looking ram. Man I think I need one of those Nevada desert rams.

Very good job honker and very nice ram. If that score was done carefully and accurately it will not change. I have measured several both green and officially and they don't shrink much if any.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

Congrats on a beautiful ram!!!

Hey ramslam, I want one of those nice NV desert sheep also. I think I should draw before you though. You got to hunt 'em in NM before I did, so I should go first this time...

Dandy ram, Congrats!! Looks like he's got a good chunk of horn missing on his right side. That's just more character in my opinion.

I got mine on Tuesday. He should score in the low 170's, 35 inch horns and 15 3/8 bases. Knew a person who had the same tag and hunted with them on Wednesday. She killed a low 160's ram. Sure was a fun hunt it will be hard to top that hunt. I will post pictures as soon as I get the pictures from my friend.

Very nice! One of the nicer desert rams I've seen. Imagine if you had a bow with you when you were only 25 yards away!!

Congrats on a beautiful ram!

Sounds like a good deal to me RamDreamer. You draw in 2006 and I will take a tag in 2007. Do you want to let NDW know of our plan or should I?

AWESOME RAM!!!
I'd have a smile from ear to ear if that was me!!! In the second pic you appear to have a slight grin? SMILE! :)
Congratulations on your ram, he is a dandy!

Lien2

ramslam,

Just out of curiousity, how are you sitting point wise for Deserts in NV? I've got 10 bonus points going into the '06 draw so will have 101 chances in the drum so to speak.

Congrats on a beautiful ram, hope to draw one of those Nevada tags someday and be fortunate enough to take such a awesome ram as yours congrats again. nmbighorn

WOW !! Beautiful ram . Congrats ! Maybe my memeory is a bit foggy but didn't you take a Ca. ram in Nevada a couple of years ago ? I thought I remember you posting about it . If so I want your luck .

No CA bighorn tag for me yet. Been along on a few hunts for them with other tagholders, so the posting must have been from that.

Great Ram Jason and ya got to share the time with your dad. Happy for ya!! Next year it'll be me haha-- Robb

>Great Ram Jason and ya got
>to share the time with
>your dad. Happy for ya!!
>Next year it'll be me
>haha-- Robb

this is why...congratulations..happytohunt

hey jason real nice ram. ive seen u before on Ron Taylor's california hunt on jim billingsley's movies. how many points did u have before u drew?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom