DH - cap reached!

BUL_KRZY

LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-08 AT 02:07AM (MST)[p]That was fast! Glad I got my registration in day one!

Cap of 10,000 was reached on JAN 10, 2008. 2,900 CORs were available and registered between the 2nd and the 10th. That said, if a bunch of folks forget to pay before JAN 31 then I would guess there would be some openings? Interesting to see if the DWR will then allow folks to enroll in those slots.

Sounds reasonable.. probably go by first come first served by when you submitted your app. Im sure someone is keeping a record.

So now that the cap is reached. What happens to me when next year. Since this is the last of my 3 year stretch. Do I have to applie for it next year or since I am in the program already do I just need to pay the dues for the next 3 years?

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

I'M WONDERING THE SAME THING???

IS IT GONNA BE A DRAW???

POINTS MAYBE???

WTF???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-08 AT 01:18AM (MST)[p]Amen to the elk DH!

If you're in your 3rd year this year(08), then next year(09) you will have to apply and there will be X number of slots available just like there were this year. The number of slots depends on how many guys are in their 3rd year this year(08). If you don't register before the cap - you wait till '10 to put in again. It'd be interesting to see the stats on how many are in what year of the program. Then again - based on this years numbers it is about a 3rd of the cap...so... I would bet that close to the same number of slots, and probably a few more, will be open in 2009.

I still wonder what they will do with the guys that registered, but WILL forget to pay by JAN 31. Will those slots then be avail first come first serve to hit the 10,000 cap?

Got an email (RE:DH program status) from the DWR today that stated:

"We will NOT be re-releasing the spots that go unpaid for, so we are counting on you to follow through and join the program!"

guess that answers that question! One of my hunting buddies waited and now is aced for DH this year! I wish he could pick up an unfilled slot for guys that can't or don't pay! I'm sure there will be a few.

I'm in!!!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom