Did you all get applied for Wyoming?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
So, did everyone get their applications done? My hunting buddy and I are in and hoping to get lucky. Hopefully there aren't too many people wanting to hunt Western Wyoming or I might be on the sidelines.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

I got my app's in Sunday since I didn't get lucky in UT or NV. I put in for Region F with 0 points this year since my son already has a 51-1 elk tag.
Also put in for 64 antelope special with 8 points (slim odds to pull that one)

My brothers, dad and I are doing region F too with zero points. My in laws live in Cody do we have a place to crash.

Applied for unit 128 and hope not to draw. Want my second choice unit. I don't know why Wyoming doesn't have a point as a first option.

If all you want is points then apply for points in July.

If you could apply for points as your first option you'd always get your first choice.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

>
>If all you want is points
>then apply for points
>in July.
>
>If you could apply for points
>as your first option you'd
>always get your first choice.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay Thirsty My Friends

Thanks for the helpful information that I already knew.
I was simply stating that other states allow you to choose a point as your first choice thus gaining another point without choosing an actual hunt and still being in the draw for your second or third choice.
No worries if I do draw a tag on first choice I'm sure I can make it work.

Decided to just get a point this year. Probably could have drawn region g and a pretty sweet antelope tag. We drew 3 LE tags in the Utah draw, and I have a general archery license on top of that. I think I will be too busy to spend the time I want to spend in Wyoming.

I applied a while ago after I became a Wyoming resident. Unfortunately, I was not eligible by about a week to apply as a resident for Bighorn sheep, bison, moose, and mountain goats on Feb 28th. I will buy points later on for moose and Bighorn sheep.

Worst case scenario I will get general deer and elk permits. I did apply for type 1 elk, type 3 (whitetail) deer, and type 1 antelope. I have a good chance of drawing the second choice antelope and the whitetail deer. My odds on my first choice elk and antelope are around 25% each.

I think it is going to be a good year. Follow my thread in the HAC.

Dillon

LAST EDITED ON May-30-17 AT 10:40PM (MST)[p]
I applied for 34 as my first choice and G as my second choice. Hoping to hunt both again this year...

Max points for deer (11)......going to just get a point this year and see what it's really like. Drew two other deer tags anyways.

BOHNTR )))---------->

I am in with my 11 deer points and an M&M friend with 1 point so 6 pts average 'cheapie fee' we are hopeful.

Robb

Was thinking about using my deer points, but since Nevada was good to me, I'm points only for deer and antelope.

I tried for a desert deer hunt that I think I might have a chance at with 10 points. I did regular overpriced, not the special even more overpriced:) I didn't do anything about my knee in the offseason like I should have and it's not feeling up to a wilderness backpack hunt. I really glad I didn't burn my points on G last year as my knee would have ruined my experience. Maybe a shot of cortisone before the hunt would have saved it, maybe not. Applied antelope in the same area hoping to get lucky on a random tag.

Just completed!!!

Wife with max points will get a point later.

One son with 1 point under max a point later.

Two sons with 1 point under max in for tags. One with special and one with regular.

Will see how drew turns out and then how the deer herds turn out.

Best of luck to all!!!

LAST EDITED ON May-31-17 AT 05:01PM (MST)[p]Good luck to everyone!
Got an elk 51 type-2.
Trying for region F deer low points though and heavy tag cuts.
Will go for leftover antelope in 22 and a wolf tag if available.
Also planning on coyote hunting while I'm out there.

Yes, I will have lots of ammo and lots of fun.
Happy hunting guys.

All of them except for Wyoming!

I can't figure out why Wy doesn't allow it. The only way around it is to apply with a budy below max and hope to get your 2nd choice together. If you want a 2nd choice in Wyoming, it is better to have 0 points!

Should be interesting to see what G and H take this year with the hard winter and tag cuts. Lots of guys putting in with lots of points...

Put in for a November elk; won't draw. Put in for an early antelope; I'll draw. Will buy deer later. Also got a cow elk and doe whitetail to make sure we have meat. Might pick up another cow and doe license if I strike out on everything else.

Looks like we're off to a good start in SE Wyo. Could have another good fawn crop and some good antlers.

Will +PP the elk and deer this year in WY, but rolled the Special Random dice for antelope (w/ PP unsuccessful option)...figured why not. Got 3 others that did the same thing, so hopefully one of us lucks out. Would be a welcome mid-October jaunt out West to glass up a big speedgoat.

My Wyo. resident son put me and my buddy in. I gave him my debit card to charge it on.

My wife got madder than a wet hen when she saw $800 charged on my debit card. She claims I should have used the credit card for some strange reason. I told her not to worry, we can expect a refund after the drawing. We put in for G with only 3 brownie points between us, so the chance of drawing out are next to nothing.

On the other hand, my son's chances of getting deer and elk tags good for any general unit is 100%.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom