Did You Arrow A Bull in 6A? I found it!

T

tadzman

I found a dead bull last Saturday September 22 in 6A, San Pedro Parks. It is a pretty good bull. Was dead two to three days. So died maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Post up here if you shot one and let me know the broad head type. Hoping to find get this bull to the deserving hunter.

I had two buddies hunting in 6a that were looking for a bull. Let me se if they were near that area!!!

Standby............

Man that really sucks when you lose or think you have lost an animal. I the person sees this and gets to recover his bull! Good post.

Yeah. Weird thing is i found this bull when i came back to look for the third day for the one i shot. Area is south of San Pedro Parks Peak. I called about everyone i know who hunts up there. Even left a message with Jan Brown (Outfitter) to see if it was one of his hunters. No one claimed yet. The bull scores about 300. So, hopefully there is someone out there who it belongs to and would be as excited to claim the bull. Also had a friend at LANL loose one to the north in a similar area but, this one was not his.

Hi-

I did hit what I think is a 5x6 last week in 6A... I hit his back right hind quarter with a shockwave macanical broadhead... I did retrieve my arrow and apparently my broadhead broke off so you would have found just a broudhead left in him.

Please call and let me know

Pete Ridsdale.
505-688-4927

Pete - Good to chat with you! Wish the bull I found was your bull. I hope someone finds yours. I was able to retrieve the broadhead from the bull I found, but it does not match the shockwave mechanical.

i hope you guys find these bulls. i know how it is to lose an animal. 4 bulls in one unit seems like alot

It is hard to see a big bull dead a few days rotting. the meat wasted. the body caving in. eyes gone. bird ##### on the antlers. hundreds of flies on the open guts. you know that animal is going to feed the scavengers but still it is all wrong. humans are a hunting species and that sight just means something bad in our DNA.

that said, we still cherish the rack and I was able to pay what respect I could to that bull in that way. and hopefully the hunter who arrowed that bull will feel the same way... if i can find him (or her).

Hope you can find the rightful hunter...and hope you find yours as well! Maybe when we're up near vacas in few weeks we can go look?

-clay

The Beast is Dead, Long Live the Beast.

-The Nuge

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-12 AT 06:56AM (MST)[p]Ya know, this site has a lot of great people. From the found swaro's to the occasional bull. Y'all are pretty good in my book, I don't care what the others say about ya.

>This thread is making me sick
>to my stomach.

Cool, maybe you should go become s vegan if you can't handle the idea that animals die, and unfortunately it happens that they die without being recovered. Good for the OP and others here for manning up, admitting mistakes and being honest...

Did you find the hunter?. Hope so.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom