difital camera adaptor

B

brbmd

anyone used their digital camera with a Swarovski spotting scope? Does it work with any camera? How well do they work?

Thanks

I'm not sure how it will work with a Swarovski but I've tried quite a few setups with my Leica spotter. Obviously Swaro sells an adapter but not sure what cameras it will fit. Check out this company, they have a wizard that will tell you what you'll need based on the spotting scope and camera you have. www.scopetronix.com

You may also want to do a search on digiscoping. Mainly birdwatchers/treehuggers doing this stuff but they have the most practice. I learned that in most cases you want a smaller lensed camera to reduce vingentting (tunnel effect). Seems like most use a Nikon coolpix that has been discontinued but may be purchased on ebay. I tried an Olympus and a Canon with mixed results...ended up selling my stuff on ebay.

I have tried the Digital Camera on the Swarovski and the "camera" is a huge item. My digital camera has a 10X Zoom and that is a disaster. You need a camera with a very small zoom. More is definitely not better in this case. I have a bunch of info from Clay Taylor at Swarovski recommending camera's and adapters. Send me a personal e-mail and I will forward you Clay's advice.

Justin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom