Digiscoping Pics

Dreamin_of_elk

Well over the past couple months I've gotten way addicted to digiscoping. I'm still a rookie but I wanted to share a couple of the pics I've been able to take. I'v never had a spotting scope until the past few months and now its by far my favorite piece of equipment that I own. Please be critical and if you'd be willing to share advice on how to take better pictures I'd really appreciate it!
5307grouse_1.jpg

2295grouse_2.jpg

1726grouse_3.jpg

8047grouse_4.jpg

1977honker.jpg

7056favorite.jpg

6590rooster.jpg

What camera setup and spotting scope are you using?

How far from the birds were you?

"Quitting is not an option!"

I have a Swarovski 80mm HD spotting scope and I use a a little point an shoot canon powershot sd750 with the tines up camera adapter. The grouse were anywhere from 75-125ish yards...it was on the lowest power of my scope. The pheasant was probably 175ish away. The geese were 175-200

Those are very nice digiscoping photos...some of the best I've see. You obviously have a very nice setup with with the camera and spotting scope and are using it well.

That buck is a dandy! Is he in Utah?

Enjoyed all the photos and thanks for sharing.

Jim

Rare to see digiscoping pictures that are so clear and crisp. Way to go. My buddy Has the tines up package and took some picks and vids during my elk hunt and they are no where near that nice.

Obviously these are some of the better pics I've taken. Lots of times I'm just out of focus or the lighting isn't right etc. I've just really enjoyed getting out and taking pics. This is my first year doing it and I love it. I have the tines up adapter but don't use the same camera they send with it. I use a nikon little point and shoot

No reason to be critical of those photo's. Very nice. One thing that will make digiscoping pictures clearer is distance and you are at a good distance for taking digiscoping pics. Although when the lighting is good you can get some great pics at 500 to 800 yards but I can tell that even though you are new at this, you already have spent a lot of time taking a lot of pictures and have racked up experience quickly. Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures in the future. fatrooster.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom