digiscoping

sigfour

I have a swarovski sts 65 but not HD.i have a fixed 45x wide eyepiece. should i upgrade to the HD or start with the scope I have now. I also wonder about the DCA swarovski offers- like $450+ or the cabelas -$40. I know the quality issue and the ease of swinging the DCA out of the way but i could get started cheaply or should i just spend the $$$ and go big. will my scope take clear enough pics? thx 4 any imput. -sig

Look at the photography forum. There is a post near the top on digiscoping and a pic I took freehanding my camera to the same spotter you have, but my eyepiece is 20 X 60. You would not be out that much for the low end adapters since there is such a gap in price.

You should look into the DCM from Minox, it is the actual eyepiece that goes into your camera, it will take video and still shots. 5 megapixel camera. Retails for $149.99.

I just ordered the minox DCM from camera land. I hope this along with my swarovski spotter will get me started taking some pics. thx- sig

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-09 AT 08:48PM (MST)[p]Look at the post titled "Minox DCM 5.0" by ColoradoOak further down the page. There are a couple of guys that have posted some pictures that they've taken with thier Minox DCM. I think Minox has come out with a pretty neat gadget. fatrooster.

the minox works great for my swar spotter you will love it for pictures better an cheaper than adapter an camera it works great took pictures 1 to 2 miles away with 20x60 80hd

I bought the minox DCM and am not sorry. it does have a short battery life but for me to start out this was cool. I took some pics of some birds and javelina and deer but nothing as far away as this...
-sig

8395minox_dcm_pics_moon_019.jpg

4239minox_dcm_pics_moon_002.jpg

PS- thx for your imput

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom