digital camera

elkantlers

Long Time Member
i am going to buy a digital camera in the next few weeks so that i can take some pics while shed hunting. i need some info on what camera to buy. i want one that will take good pics both close and at a distance. any help would be appreciated.

elkantlers

elkantlers;

I recently got a Kodak CX7530 Easyshare camera. It is 5.0 MP, 3X zoom and I have been very pleased with the simple use of the camera and the quality of the pictures. My main purpose for the camera was for closeup shots of the hunting knives that I make and needed a camera that would show up very fine detail in the wood handle scales.
Due to being 5.0 MP, I can blow up pictures over 11X14 inches and maintain fine detail. I would not get any digital camera under 4.0 MP for doing both close up and long shots and being able to have good detail in your photos. the cost was 279 bucks, which made it a very good buy for the features offered.

RELH

Make sure that you look at what kind of batteries each camera takes. Some take special ones that are expensive to replace and do not last long. Others take AA, and you can just get rechargables. Also get more megapixels over zoom. Optical zoom is the only one to realy look for. If you have a high megapixel camera you can zoom in on your computer and still have a quality picture. I realy like the Canon A95. It has a very simple, easy to use dial on top to adjust for different situations. It is easy to use and a great quality camera.

That is what I looked for when I was shopping. Hope it helps.

2pointer

Elk
I have a Kodack 6490. It has 4mp with a 10 power optical and 3 times digital zoom. It takes fantastic pictures even at full digital zoom. We have 4 other digital cameras and they all have smaller len's. Most are 3 power with 2 or 3 times digital zooms. When my wife bought this camera for me it had the most powerfull lens but there are others now that have powerfull len's also. In my opinion the more optical zoom you have the better. Kodack makes a newer model then mine with 5mp's. It's model 74sumthin I'll probably upgrade to that one.
This was taken at about 40 yards
100_0733.jpg

this one about 12 inches
100_0795.jpg

Wes

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom