DIRTY-MAX/ ALLISON QUESTION?

S

ShowThemToMe

I noticed the Allison has a Drain Plug!

I know the Propper way is to have the Tranny flushed out & new fluid Injected!

But what if a Guy gave it the (Alp treatment!) and drained whatever you can drain out,fill with ever how much you drained out & replaced the external screw-on filter!

Just wondering if this is an Ethical Practice & if a guy did do it this way,just wondering how often (Miles!) you'd need to do it?

I realize there'd be a time the Internal filter is gonna need to be changed!

Anyboy know?

One more thing!

I'd like to hit the SOB that decided this is where a Fuel Filter should be on this Jap/ISUZU Built Bastard!

While I was changing the Fuel Filter You'd of heard something similar to 1911 doing some Plumbage at his Mother-In-Laws Place!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

STTM, it is ethical as long as you park over the nearest storm drain and don't just let the old fluid go onto the ground. Hope that clears it up.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Hey worked at a gm dealership up till a year ago fluid changing really just depends on the fluid condition. I've seen some that needed changed at 15000 and others were good till 50,000 depends on driving styles towing and what not you can change it by draining can't exactly remember how much maybe about 8 qts. could be wrong we just had bulk and filled till it read full.
Ha HA I couldn't help but laugh about the fuel filter I hate those POS wait till your primer pump gives out and you can pressurize the tank!! dumbest design I've ever seen I'll gladly be changing mine on my 12 valve funny when I had to go tow in all those chevys but hey they made me lots of money, If your front pump seal starts leaking let me know. pays 11hrs and I do it in 4 easiest money made. But I live in CO
7mm wsm 600yrd. and closer checkmate

This SOB is an 08!

If the fluid isn't really bad it's a cheap option. We can do the full fluid exchange, in-pan filter and spin-on filter for about $195.00 - so it isn't cheap. Yeah, the fuel filter can be a real treat.

I needed 2 Japs,1911 & an Arm a f'n foot longer than mine!

What a Bunch of BS!

So legacy?

Is the Filter inside the Allison a decent Filter?

Or just a screen?

If I pull the Plug,how many Quarts can I drain out?

And how many Quarts does it hold total?

I just did my internal and external twice this past year. Got a bad internal filter from NAPA which was restricting flow reducing the internal pressure on the clutches. Took me 13 quarts each time. The internal filter was more than a screen and seemed like a pretty decent product (other than that stupid NAPA filter). No matter the mileage I change the external every year add end up adding I believe about 6 quarts. If ya do change the internal filter get the premium pan gasket, you'll be glad ya did. Allison put some thought into this tranny and it shows when servicing.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I drain and change the external every 30k, pull the pan and change it all every other time. I've had good luck with that, never had a tranny problem!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

the internal filter is just a screen...do not change it. Waste of time. Alison recomends changing only at rebuild
change the spin on every 25k....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Well?

One Guy says it's more than a screen!

And CUPSY says all it is,is a Screen?

It may be overkill but I am anal about maintaining my Duramax. I change the spin off filter and drain the pan every 10,000 miles. This will take right around 6 quarts. Every 30,000 I do the full drain and internal filter this will take around 13 quarts. Remember I own a Torque Converter rebuild shop so the Trans gets special attention.

The fuel filter really isn't that bad. Remove the inner plastic fender and there is plenty of room. :)

Ya!

Unless you have to remove Fender Skirts & MudFlap too!

PISS POOR ENGINEERING for a Fuel Filter location!

But Hey,where else was there room to put it?:D

Could have put it outside the frame rails like the new Obama juice tanks.

Ya!

They won't let em put any explosive Fuel outside of Frame rails oh but By GAWD the Obama Juice is OK outside the Frame Rail!

That New GM Obama Juice Tank wouldn't last 5 minutes on some of the Roads I travel,you be lookin for an Obama Juice Hazardous Crew to clean the Slick up!

The factory "filter" IS just a screen. A lot of guys choose to replace it with an actual filter. If you look at GM's service intervals, it only has drain and fills for the tranny and replace the spin-on. It never suggests doing the in-pan screen. I have many customers who insist on changing them out. I'm not sure it does much good, but it can't hurt.

STTM,

My fuel filters are much easier to get to, wanna trade?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Well Snort!

After Yesterday I just might consider it!:D

The owners manual says to change the oil and spin on filter every 25K miles of extreme conditions and change the internal filter only at rebuild.

I have stuck with that schedule with synthetic oils and have had no issues, 95K so far on my 04.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom