Disabled Hunter Help

rydub01

Im stashing points right now as a NR and was wondering if i could get a little help. i wouldn't be asking but i am a disabled hunter and cant cover much area to scout. what are some good mule deer areas that are somewhat accessible by a wheeler or RZR. im looking for a 2nd or 3rd season hunt in western Colorado and wouldn't mind waiting 2 or 3 more years to hunt. im not talking monster bucks but just a quality buck. as of now i have 2 points. anything helps. thanks.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-11 AT 09:00PM (MST)[p]I have hunted unit 22 just south of Meeker for archery. It is pretty accessible because their is a road up almost every ridge from all the oil and gas activity in the area. Country is 7,500 to 8,000 feet with thick oak brush gulches. We saw lots of deer and a few decent bucks. Key was to sit still and glass that brush, the deer are good at hiding and you would be suprised how many deer show themselves in that thick brush if you glass it for a few hours.

I don't think it is a tough unit to draw at all, certainly not for archery, not sure about rifle, but like I said its loaded with deer.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-11 AT 04:48PM (MST)[p]unit 31/32 combined takes about 1 point, here are two bucks taken close to a dirt rd, one on sat (opening day) and one sunday about 100yrds apart just different days. Anything to help disabled, children and elderly hunters. first buck went over 165" second was right at 165:

6213franks_deer_no_face.jpg

4252dads.jpg

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom