Disabled Hunter Help

In_the_Shadows

I have a friend who's son became disabled in a terrible accident last year. While he can no longer walk, he still lives to hunt. I am currently trying to figure out what would be the best units/hunts for him to put in for, for deer. He is a junior hunter so he has a pretty good shot a drawing a tag. He is from the western part of the state and is not really able to camp out yet so any hunt that he puts in for must be on that side of the state. I would like to make sure that the hunts he puts in for give him a good chance at a buck from the road. Any suggestions on units with good road access and/or a late hunt that concentrates deer in lower elevations would be greatly appreciated. 192, 194-196, are hunts that he will be putting in for but we need a couple more ideas.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Its lonely at the top.... just the way I like it.

THe hunts you listed are probably good ideas. Maybe look around elko, vehicle access is limited in 10, but the other areas might be good.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-15-10 AT 10:45AM (MST)[p]Area 6 and 7 are covered with roads and would be great fo a junior to have a chance at a nice buck from the road. Hotels are not too bad here (Elko) either.

You might also consider units 111-113. I know there are quite a few roads and good access around the duck creek area west of Ely. We seen a handful of little bucks and a couple of four points during the elk hunt. Good luck!

>You might also consider units 111-113.
>I know there are quite
>a few roads and good
>access around the duck creek
>area west of Ely. We
>seen a handful of little
>bucks and a couple of
>four points during the elk
>hunt. Good luck!

there's not much of 111-113 west of Ely......be careful

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I'm not exactly sure where they put him in for but I heard that a friend of the family is working on getting him a landowner tag, hope it works out for him.

Its lonely at the top.... just the way I like it.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom