Disabled Profiles

JakeSwensen

Why do so many people disable their profile on this website?
Is it so they can be an Internet tough guy?

Is it because they want to make rude hateful remarks and no one will know who they are?

I think it would be a better environment for sharing hunting pictures and success if people weren't able to hide behind an internet mask.

What do you all think?

If your not a coward, why disable your profile?

[font face="verdana" color="green"]
Jake Swensen

I agree with you 100%! I've got my name and where I live on every single site I frequent that allows you to post who you are and where you live.

>I agree with you 100%! I've
>got my name and where
>I live on every single
>site I frequent that allows
>you to post who you
>are and where you live.
>
I got tired of tristate sending me love letters and nudes so when I moved I made mine private. That man sure has some affection for me.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

>>I agree with you 100%! I've
>>got my name and where
>>I live on every single
>>site I frequent that allows
>>you to post who you
>>are and where you live.
>>
>I got tired of tristate sending
>me love letters and nudes
>so when I moved I
>made mine private. That man
>sure has some affection for
>me.
>
>?If men were angels, no government
>would be
>necessary.? John Adams

Now that's a good one and I don't care who you are, LOL!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-16 AT 07:38PM (MST)[p]A disabled profile makes one a coward? Bull$hit. Why do I want anybody and everybody knowing who I am? On some sites I prefer not to give a lot of info. And my last name is the same as yours Jake. Guess you could Google it. mtmuley I spell mine with an o.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-16 AT 07:50PM (MST)[p]As long as I've been here I have never checked anyone's profile. Ever. It's the internet. Why would I care? Sounds creepy to me.

If we get to know each other and want to share that info through a PM, fine.

Edit: How would you know if the information on a profile is real or not? LOL!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-16 AT 09:34PM (MST)[p]not me but a guy I know turned in a poacher and the poacher harassed him so he disabled his profile. thanks to the dwr for releasing his name

I share mine, but it's all fake. I'm really Rosie O'Donell.
I also don't hardly ever check profile names unless I'm posting their shared pics in a gallery. There's really no way to know who anyone "really" is unless you require a credit card number or something, and even then, who knows. I don't know how many times people have said to me that I should somehow force people to use real names and info. Ya, right!! Facebook is worth about 300 billion dollars and can't know who people really are. MonsterMuleys.com is worth only half that, how could I?!?!?
The profiles are good for those who want to participate legitimately, but if not, it's actually better they hide them than put up a stupid, phony name. That's my opinion.

But with that said, I don't know why anyone would hide their name or profile unless they only want to stir trouble or spam. Every social media site has trouble with all that.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

I didn't even know this was a thing? I honestly don't even know if my profile is disabled or not, and am not even sure I fully know what that means?

Is my profile disabled? If so, how do I able it? And why does anyone care either way?

I'm confused...

I agree with Jake. I'm not afraid to be associated with my comments. What you hear from me is the real deal and you can look me up if you want. I take less stock in those words where guys hide their names and talk tough. Look in the mirror, you know who you are!

Full disclosure here since we are being honest. I once was known here as Mrbaitnfish but I lost my log in info and had to start over as deadibob. I also disabled my profile because I was threatened by Cass and Old Oregano ;-)

My profile remains unchanged from the day i joined here. I know in there that i come across as a hard a$$ but back then, i figured that i was and would/could back it up if needed. :)

I also thought that most who would look, would do so to see what kind of person they were dealing with. Most here know that i have calmed down a bit. In today's posts alone, there are a couple posts made by idiots that before, i'd jump on them like stink on catfish bait.

I've learned that just because you feel a person is way wrong, you don't always have to tell them so. It does make life around here a bit less dramatic and a lot more friendly.

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

Everybody but Fondler knows who I am!

If He Found out who I Really was He'd Ban me,Again!:D:D:D

[font color="blue"]They Shot Him in the Back AKA 'LaVoyed Him'!
[/font]

Enabling your profile takes the fun out of internet stalking. Its just too easy. Believe me, if a person wants to find out who you are, it's possible about 80% of the time they whether you disable your profile or not. It's like a hobby. My profile is disabled. Big deal. I respect other people's decision either way. A couple of times I wanted to know who someone was I did the upfront thing. I sent them a pm and gave them a good reason for asking and asked. A couple of them are good friends now.

Some of you psycho bastards I don't want to know who you are and vice versa

>
>Some of you psycho bastards I
>don't want to know who
>you are and vice versa
>

Lmao!

+1 on what Joey said.

And, it's true...a lot of people really, really HATE elkassassin. And, I did too once upon a time when he was BOBCATBESS. It's ok though. When you get to know the real man, the a-hole of a man, you realize it's just who he is. I guess that's what we all admire about him....he's not afraid to be the d!pshit he spent years growing into. I appreciate that. He doesn't even try to hide it...I look up to him big-time. :)

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

True Wisz!

bobcatbess was a Real PRICK!

Just Ask NVB,NeMont & dude to Verify it!

[/font]

Dear Mr. Jake Swensen
I actually like your post/question. When I joined, I did not pay attention to a "Profile". I listed my true name and have left it there. I did not list my address mostly because I didn't think about it. Maybe as a post secondary inner "Feeling", in a forum I was entering blindly and about Guns, Hunting Etc... It can be a game/discussion stopper among such a group if they see: California.

I have learned through time that many folks use California as a Dart Board. I am not saying such is incorrect but rather it may distract from a conversation. Another is that some folks are fast skim readers and miss out on punctuation's and grammar that forms a statement and precise meanings by a writer. Therefore, I find myself writing a great deal in hopes my subject matter is clear.

I joined back in January but did very little in postings. Maybe the rude venom words by some, made me feel MM's was not going to be for me. Even in my post on Understanding Privacy, a topic I truly meant to be good and for our children, one frequent flyer uttered ignorance and high jacked the meaning of the post/message. I do not need to associate with such folks. However, because I believe far more "Good People" read much and say little, the meanings may not have been lost and may have spurred family conversations we won't hear about.

What I an learning by what others write is their (and My Own) sole can be far more of a "Profile" than any denoted on a forum link. It's readily air apparent to know who has a large humorous bone, carefree and happy and who are either grumpy old men (sick-o's + Low IQ's & no varied experiences in Life) or those very cautious individuals until they get to know someone. PM's = such a stepping stone option.

To my own surprise, I have written very personal matters about myself here on MM's. "I", of all folks....actually did such. In essence I am saying that here on MM's I found truly wonderful folks where I let my guard down, in a graded approach, and feel I am still safe here, among future friends.

I often click on the icon to see a background on various posters. I do such so I may understand the only thing I sought, such is, what State they are from. I think this helps me in understanding their background as it relates to a subject. Basic example: At times a person talking about a particular State has more weight when their icon shows they live in that same State. But such a click is more casual and not definitive.

So to answer a pro or con insofar as profiles are concerned; I don't care but I do care about their mannerisms, intelligences and helpfulness's for everyone in the forums. Simply view the humor of deerslayer88, Sageadvice, elkassassin and logic of NVBighorn, Founder & jm77. These guy's (and many others) are the wealth that has us returning to this website. That's a darn good profile.

Jagerdad

Interesting topic, for a change. I've never had my life threatened, my animals lives threatened, My house going to be burned down and wife raped in the glow of the embers by anyone with an enabled profile. Disabled profiles: all the above, you know just that friendly fireside banter that we hunters share. One big happy family. One of those dumbass family members pulled in the driveway last summer, alas I was at work.

Of course I have been known to take pictures of deer

This is a very special group,

I tend to put more stock in the comments made by those how
"Own" them. Then the disabled profile type.

I did just edit my profile.. Added 4th generation to "City"

The e-mail listed cant "cant be changed on this page"??
I just disabled that e-mail as it has been dead for over 10 years. If any body ever e-mailed me...use PM.

It's simple really. I don't want all the creeps having access to my personal info. They could figure it out if they really wanted.

>It's simple really. I don't
>want all the creeps having
>access to my personal info.
> They could
>figure it out if they
>really wanted.

So, basically you're saying that no one wants elkassssss to know their real name?

>>It's simple really. I don't
>>want all the creeps having
>>access to my personal info.
>> They could
>>figure it out if they
>>really wanted.
>
>
>So, basically you're saying that no
>one wants elkassssss to know
>their real name?

He's not so much worried about me knowing his name!

But He does get Nervous when I start Posting Pic's!:D

[/font]

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-16 AT 08:48PM (MST)[p]>But He does get Nervous when
>I start Posting Pic's!:D

Or when you're
around my wife! :)

>
>>But He does get Nervous when
>>I start Posting Pic's!:D
>
>
>Or is around my wife!
>:)

I've still got a Good Eye booty!:D

[/font]

There exists this thing called identity theft. I read about it in Disabling Profiles and Not Posting Credit Card Numbers for Idiots.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

If you want to give someone your name and other info, like has been said, a pm is the way to go. I've been hanging around here 12 years or so and this is the first time I can remember this being an issue. The wife and I had some jackass get into a CC account, and try for our bank stuff. I'm more careful now. mtmuley

why get so upset over it, last time I checked we still have a couple freedoms left in this country. If a person wants it disabled or not, I could NOT care less.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

My profile is disabled. I didn't disable it. I don't know how it got disabled, and I DON'T GAF. I'm not a coward. I'm not hiding anything from anyone. I DON'T CARE what any internet faceless names think of me. Why would I? And why should anyone for that matter?

Sounds to me like the disabled profiles ARE NOT the internet "tough guys". WHO FREAKIN' CARES????

:)

Sticks and Stones may break my bones but Internet words will never physically hurt me....Learn to Cowboy up....

Let's be honest. The only reason why people disable profiles is because if you shoot a big deer in Nv we can go to the huntnevada webpage and see what zone you killed it in. Lol

Utah F&G sends me a post card with my ID number on it,just figure out my birthdate and someone could get my ss number and so on.

>Let's be honest. The only
>reason why people disable profiles
>is because if you shoot
>a big deer in Nv
> we can go to
>the huntnevada webpage and see
>what zone you killed it
>in. Lol

True story!!!!!!

Well.....they could actually only find out what area you drew a tag for.......often times that would be a red herring....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom