Disabled Veteran asks Obama question

nochawk

Another Obama story. I get so many of these and nobody seems to like this guy This is one I believe should go to all VFW organizations or any other veteran's groups. Do the country a favor and pass this on to the people who have been there and paid the price for our freedoms so they can speak out. I love the closing line in this message.

MUDMARINE

I am a VHCM member, I spent 12 months in Vietnam (147th CH47-CE) as most of us did.

I am also a disabled veteran; I have been a wheelchair user for 35 years now.

A few months ago I went to listen to Barack Obama at a local college. When he was done with his speech I got in line to ask him a question. When my time came, my question was;

'Senator Obama; I work with disabled veterans throughout the VA Hospital system, what is your plan for our veterans, especially our disabled veterans who use the VA Hospitals for their care. I stated we need mandatory funding for our VA system to ensure the care is available when needed, especially in light of the current situation in Iraq and the numbers of troops who are coming home with severe disabilities.'

He told one of his aide's to get my name, blew me off, did not answer my question and I never heard from him or the aide again.

Is this who we want as our 'Commander in Chief'?

He wouldn't even answer a 'veterans' question, regarding other veterans.

Take it for what it's worth..just thought I'd pass on my experience with Mr. Obama.

Regards,

Gary McDermott
147th ASH Hillclimbers Vung Tau, RVN 68-69
CH 47 CE

I just copied and pasted this to all of the guys I was in the Army with in Vietnam as we will be having a reunion next month in Las Vegas, our 42 year celebration. Some of them are going to the Veterans Hospitals now still.

Brian

Just for grins check out which party has pushed for the most funding for Vets and Vet services. you might be surprised.

Bush and McCain just opposed the last GI spending bill calling it " too generous " do you guys even think before you rant? too funny.

Dude,
Nobody on here complained about Vet's benefits. The article simply states that the man was blown off completely. I'm not a disabled vet, and can only speak of educational benefits, but I for one think the benefits are fine. The VA paid for my MPA and are paying for my Masters in GIS as we speak.

DC

Dude and his usual B.S. of hiding or slanting the real truth. The dems have not been the great G.I. benefactors as Dude would lead you to believe.
He is right about Bush and other GOP members not signing the last benefit bill. The reason is that after a few short years of service, the Gov. would foot almost the intire cost of a four year college degree that could run into many thousands of dollars a year per G.I. That in itself would drain the military of it's future leaders and during peacetime, we will have thousands signing up to just serve 3-4 years, no fear of combat, and leave and drain the Gov. coffers for their very expensive all cost education. To think that Dude is always belly aching about our Gov. spending and he turns around and defends this excessive spending bill because it allows him to point a finger at Bush and other GOP members.
Before you say it Dude, as you know I am a vet. I have used both the G.I. bill and Cal. Vet. bill to buy my first two homes. I have used the G.I. bill to gain my college degree in criminal justice, and I am very satisfied with my G.I. benefits and I do not see a justifiable need for it to become a pork barrel issue.

RELH

does this realy suprise you obama is a pus$y plain and simple he would rather get on all fours than fight for our country.......................................so why would he care about are vets..................................

The subject is money for vets with the implication Obama doesn't care. I'm not saying more needs to be spent myself, I'm just saying get the facts right, and the facts are dems advocate more spending on vets than republicans almost without fail. I was just stating a fact, but facts bore you don't they?

You can't get enough recruits even with huge sign up incentives so you're going to have to pay up or start the draft again, benefits are a form of pay and security so cheaping out may not be an option anyway.

Once again you babble about the subject and go to me, I feel so special, thanks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom