Disaters turn into $$$

REDDOG

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON May-07-10 AT 09:47AM (MST)[p]

For some...So with the disaster in the gulf, whats it gonna be? Its gonna make serious coin somewhere, and not just for lawyers.

I'm thinking of investing heavily in Canada's oil sands...somehow. Any other idea's?

damn..cant edit the typo

This is free advise so you get what you pay for. I would hold off on buying into the oil sands at least until the current strengthening of the U.S. dollar abates. The Canadian dollar was trading at par a week about is now trading at 1.046 cn to $1. Doesn't sound like much but it could put a real dent in returns on investments made in that country.

Look at stocks that took a beating but still have underlying value. Transocean (RIG) is an offshore oil drilling company. They have taken it in the shorts but it seems that alot of it is emotional and not fact based.

I am not a licensed investment advisor and none of what I have said here constitutes anything that should be taken as advice just a interesting view that is mine alone. Past performance does not guarantee future results and buyer beware, you get what you pay for.

Nemont

You nailed it NeMont...the value of the Queen's currency is why I haven pulled the trigger on oil sands.

I bet guys like Buffet and Bill O'Neil are licking their chops right now..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom