Distress call

GotBowAz

Very Active Member
Hey get this, last week my hunting partner was out varmint calling up behind his house. He has a fox pro call machine, one of those $500.00 dollar jobbies. Anyway he got bored so he started playing around with a distress call. He said a quarter mile away a herd of deer and a nice buck got up and started running full blast right at him' He said they got within 30 yards of him and he shut it off. Then they milled around a bit and went back in the direction they came from and disappeared. After a half hour or so he turned the distress call on again and here they come. He said they weren't trotting, they were flat out right running as hard as their legs could carry them and repeated the same thing over again.

Anyone ever expirence that?

GBA

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-12 AT 06:18AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-12 AT 06:10?AM (MST)

I've had them come to my mouth calls on various occasions. I think it sounds like a fawn in distress to them. Something else that's kinda fun to experience is to go into an area where magpies roost and nest, just before dark. There used to be a bounty on them where I grew up. So much for dead birds and so much for eggs. Anyway, we would settle down in a large willow bottom area, and start calling. The magpies would literally swarm us. I'm not kidding when I say they would almost land on our gun barrels. Like a lot of other wild critters, they couldn't see worth a darn at that time of day because their eyes hadn't adjusted yet.

Had it happen many a times!

99% of the time it was when I was trying to call anything but Deer in!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Hey Cat, were you the archery dude in that video getting his arse kicked by that buck? Called him in and pi$$ed him off did ya? Ha ha ha LOL Just rassin ya Bopper.

Seriously though I have never heard of deer comingin to anything but bleets and grunts and then it was only during the rut. So when the deer come in were they looking to kick some tail?

GBA

Several time calling for coyotes, I have had deer show up. I think they are looking for a fawn in distess.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I called in a real nice buck in Wyoming this year to about 5 yards. Called in a bunch of doe over the years too.

Traditional >>>------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom