DIY Antelope

S

sealer

I'm in the process of planning this DIY hunt for 2010. I've read past posts, which have been very valuable, but I haven't seen any mention of the Hunter Management Areas or Walk-in Hunt Areas.

Are these worth considering when I'm deciding upon a unit? Do the WHA's get hammered with hunters? After the 1st week of the season, should I assume most bucks will have been pushed from the WHA's onto neighboring private land? Are the permission slips for HMA's easy to obtain in the drawings or are the chances slim?

Thanks in advance.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-10 AT 07:38AM (MST)[p]The Antelope walk in areas tend to be the best because there are more of them and they are larger. Lots of the walk in areas are open for Antelope only. Go on the Wyo. game and fish site. They have the maps and rules for all of the walk in areas. Yes, most are worth checking out. You don't have to get a permission slip for most walk in areas. Obviously the best are in the harder to draw units. Good Luck. Chip

With regards to WHA's, does anyone know if there is much changeover from year to year with participating ranches?

The G&F site lists the 2009 WHA's but the 2010 list isn't available until July.

Thanks for the replies so far. I think I have my choices narrowed down.

I'm getting pumped about this hunt and it's only February. Now if I could only draw my deer tag here in Colorado, 2010 could be a banner year.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom