DIY Digiscoping

m48goat

Wondering how many of you made your own digiscoping adapter for your camera or phone to go on a spotter? Anyone have pictures? or came up with something that works good?

I know there are tons of options from companies out there, do most of you buy from those or make your own?

Goat

i built my own, i dont have pictures of it but it was easy. im not paying 50-150$ for an adapter that i can make just as easy and works just as good.
mine is for a digital camera. i built it out of Delrin plastic. i am a machinist, and this material we have lots of. a couple measurements of my spotter and camera and started cutting. it only took about 15 minutes to build.
i have seen a few guys using PVC fittings and electrical tape to make others, but i decided to go this route.

"Shoot Straight"

LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-15 AT 08:25AM (MST)[p]I built my own. I used a plastic container and a plastic measuring cup. I hot glued them together and covered it with camo duct tape. Works great.
[font face="verdana" color="green"] Jake

LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-15 AT 01:56PM (MST)[p]I had one rapid prototyped for $26. Fits my cheap camera perfect.

Not sure why the pictures didn't go through the first time. Here they are:

91862.jpg

87751.jpg

74103.jpg

I'm actually ordering my own rapid prototype machine soon so stuff like this will only cost me about $5 to make.

YZF, i like that setup you made. One of my friends has a similar 3D printer type deal like that. I need to see if he can make me something similar

I have a new phone case to glue to the Butler Creek cover I have someplace.It should fit my spotter and binos too.Makes a cell phone a flip up model.Saw it on another site.Just cut hole in correct spot on flip up and gorilla glue to case
I would be hesitant to affix any camera by the lense,cept a cheepy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom