DIY Hardcore question

Midnight

How many of you guys carry cameras? Video your hunt... .list off. What is your camera. What do you film?

I carried a Cannon GL2 and filmed several scouting trips... Treestand kill shot and 409 Bull in AZ with spot and stalk.

You?

Midnight

lets see the pic's from AZ. thats a big bull congrat's and on film to boot. me and my hunting partner carry the same camera and try to video every thing

I carry a Canon XH-A1 and film everything.....or try to anyway. where can we see the video of that bull?

Never leased the video or played it anywhere.

small digital tapes from AZ. Photos were posted in 2007. I will find one an post.

Midnight

I have been filming my hunts for about 7-8 yrs now using several cameras. I started with a mini tape sony (digital 8 dcr-trv280) camcorder for 4-5 yrs. Then got a newer touch screen sony (dcr-dvd108) that took pics onto a memory stick and recorded video on mini dvds. I used that exclusively up until a year ago when I bought a used GL2 and so back to the mini tapes. I usually have the touch screen sony in my pack and use the GL2 when the tripods and the truck are close by, but the GL2 does make the pack sometimes too.
I have recorded mostly deer and elk hunting trips in colorado and deer and javelina trips in AZ. Filming whenever/whatever I could- camp setup & tear down, sunrises/sunsets, the beauty of the wilderness and of course the animals and hunting. I usually have a camera in my pack at all times hiking or hunting, but sometimes I just wasnt quick enough or forgot to take it out when something happened. I got some great memories on film though and wish I would have started filming earlier. Its great when you watch old hunts in the truck on the road to a new one. Happy hunting !!!
-Sig

Hey guys what would be a good video camera for around 900-1100?
For filming backcountry hunting?

I've always carried small pocket cameras since I started bowhunting 30 years ago.

This year I broke down and decided to do some video. I ended up with the new Panasonic HDC-TM700 1080-60p HD camcorder. It's been pretty spectacular.

Here's a few clips I've uploaded to Youtube with it.

I have a bunch more new ones of bears, bucks and bulls that I haven't had time to edit and post up yet from my last trip to the San Juan!

The image quality of this thing and the OIS is simply incredible for a hand held camcorder. I don't think there's ever been anything like it. When viewed on an HDTV it rivals nearly any of the pro camera's in sharpness, motion and color. Obviously not a RedOne or something like that, but for high end video, high up in the mountains where you have to do all the work to get it there, nothing compares IMHO.

Cheers,
Pete

C3, have you taken still photos with that camera? How do they turn out?

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Every shot in my "lucky 25" thread in the hunt challange is with the TM700. Many of those are simply screen captures from video at 1920x1080 and tweaked in photoshop. It's not a great still camera for printing by any means, but the image stabilaztion and 35mm - 700mm equivalent zoom is incredible for capturing what you really want to show. If your end use is family, friends and the web it is incredible. If you want a cam to create framed 8x10 prints, forget it :)

Cheers,
Pete

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom