Do you get distracted by other things?

broadfork

Maybe it's just me, but this year I got distracted three times while hunting deer. Twice by ducks, and once by a porcupine. I don't know if loosing my broadheads was worth it, but that porcupine is pretty cool looking.
Plus it does give some confidence while out in the field. I don't know though, maybe if I had stayed focused I would have got my buck.

So my question is do you ever get distracted by other "targets"?

You mean you actually saw a porcupine. I haven't seen one of those for nearly 10 years.

When out in the field hunting I notice every thing except porcupines. But I don't waste an arrow on anything except for what my tags says I can kill. Two much money and time in arrows$$$

Archery is a year round commitment!!

I have a waterfowl stamp, so I guess I just turned an archery deer hunt into an archery duck hunt. The porcupine thing was cool though. My friend spoted it and he said we needed to make it sporting. So we shot from 77 yards. Guess my bow is on.

I have been known to shoot grouse, squirrels and rabbits. So, I have finally started carrying a Judo Point in the quiver.

I always have a judo or small game point in my quiver for those damn squirrels trying to bust me!!! Squirrel barks are like an alarm system for the woods, so I try and poke as many as I can.

If Grouse season has started and I see one, I have a really hard time restraining myself so I've also started carrying a judo tip or blunt with me. I also remember seeing a skunk once and thought why not, it was pretty hard getting that arrow out of him, so I'll probably never shoot one of those again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom