Do you know who Freddie Dodge is?

DW

Long Time Member
Ran into him today at the Denver sports show. Nice guy. Saw him several times over the course of the day didn't see anybody else recognizing him, struck me as the type to be glad it's that way.

The gold Miner's gold Miner?

Is he as short in person because on TV he sometimes looks 5' tall.

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

You know what they say.....short guy, big nuggets. :D He's the brains of the Hoffman crew. He designs and builds wash plants.

I think Rutnbuck taught him. Just sayin.

The Hoffmans finally have themselves a decent operation this season! They might hit their goal. And yes, it is thanks to Freddy and Dave Turin. Glad to see they got Jack off the heavy equipment. That guy was a menace! Made it fun to watch though. Never knew what he was going to tear up.

They should have let Freddy prospect that creek that old Jack tried to mine with his grandson. I'll bet he would have found the gold. Glad to hear he is a decent guy in person, I figured most of them are. The producers can really make someone look like a villain when that is actually the farthest thing from the truth.

Parker is a punk and Tony is a mean old bastard, but they are making some money. I know a lot of the scenes are staged and filmed after the fact but it is still a good watch.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-16 AT 08:24AM (MST)[p]+1 Roy

I just watched the newest on u-tube last night. i like the premise of the show and have also found it entertaining: guy sticks his neck out and works hard, he succeeds, how it should be.

What bothers me is with all the gold Parker and the HofF's are getting, how can they pay all their crews, machines, and fuel bill, not to mention the must be hundred other expenses to go with a enterprise of that magnitude, and act like they are on the road to riches?.

It must be what the TV money pays them. Must be.

I think i'd much rather be the guy that while trout fishing some creek, stubs his toe and trips over a exposed 55 pound nugget. :)

Parker's clean-up was over 400oz, a LOT of gold but the price is way down, $1090./oz last i looked.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

He and his family shoot some nice deer as well.

7625cwoiugxusaev84.jpg

His daughter was carryin a rack around at the show. I believe it was this buck.

2133cv2lzenusaaghc0.jpg

Another "you know what they say" moment.....whoever has the gold kills the biggest bucks. LOL! Great bucks!

I'm with Joey. They always tell you the amount of gold and the value, but they don't ever give the net profit after expenses.

My daughter had a boy friend who was walking a creek over in Trinity County, about 1985. He saw a shiny piece of what he thought was brass and picked it up. He threw it in the back of his pickup and left it there for about two weeks until someone recognized it as gold. It ended up being sold for $42,000. There was an article in the local newspaper about it.

I met Todd and Jack Hoffman at SHOT show one year. This was after season 1. I asked Todd why he was such an Ahole on the show to his guys. He claimed it was made up by the producers and done to add drama. He was a great guy to talk to so I do believe him. He's short as well.

>You Boy's Suck that Drama in
>don't Ya?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>"I'm Living & Dieing with the
>Choices
>I've made!"
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?
>v=N8i5NLyXZdc
>
>
I like all that drama.

"If they don't get that broken bolt changed, their season could be lost!" Oh no!!!! :D

Bess - I bet you would make one hell of a subject for a plumbing reality show!

The producers wouldn't even have to come up with the drama on their own!

Seriously - I am going to look in to this!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

>Bess - I bet you would
>make one hell of a
>subject for a plumbing reality
>show!
>
>The producers wouldn't even have to
>come up with the drama
>on their own!
>
>Seriously - I am going to
>look in to this!
>
>
>HOOK 'EM!
>_______________________________________
>
>Since I am frequently asked about
>my religion on this site
>and others, I have created
>a profile that explains my
>beliefs. If you are interested
>in finding out more about
>my faith, please visit the
>link below:
>
>http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Roy do you think people would tune in to see that plumbers crack?:D Bobcat gold rush is all real! Just like the WWE, daytime soaps and Jerry springer!

>Bess - I bet you would
>make one hell of a
>subject for a plumbing reality
>show!
>
>The producers wouldn't even have to
>come up with the drama
>on their own!
>
>Seriously - I am going to
>look in to this!
>
>
>HOOK 'EM!
>_______________________________________
>
>Since I am frequently asked about
>my religion on this site
>and others, I have created
>a profile that explains my
>beliefs. If you are interested
>in finding out more about
>my faith, please visit the
>link below:
>
>http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Well Roy!

Uncle sage is gonna be there with me on the Show & We don't Plan on talking any TRASH/BS!:D:D:D

"I'm Living & Dieing with the Choices
I've made!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=N8i5NLyXZdc

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-16 AT 11:24PM (MST)[p]FD's daughter is a cutie pie and that buck of hers is sporting 50+" of extras! Them are both extremely nice bucks!

Yeah Roy i want in on that show! Me and ol Bess...partners at last! We each gonna need our own rigs, don't know if i could hang riding shotgun with the Cat once he gets rolling! :)

I actually have a on-demand install and bathroom shower expansion to start this thurs. I'm gonna take a norco pain pill, prescribed but not usually taken, pick up a helper bud, and make some money! first work that's came in in two months and now i have another nice 1 whole day job lined up for next week. Joey the Plumber back in business! Yes!

Joey

Freddy seems to be the smartest guy on the crew. I also like that he can get his point across without having to have every other word beeped out. Seems like the most decent of the characters. Interesting that the producers have given him such a low profile on this year's episodes. Makes me wonder if it's some kind of a contract dispute.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

I think Freddie chooses low profile. Seems like a low profile kinda guy.

Sure seems like a losing proposition; that gold mining. Literally millions of $$ tied up in equipment to make a mil or two per year? Not to mention wages. We must be missing something.

Those bucks are both EXCEPTIONAL.

That's what they look like when they get big, Joey!!

I can about guarantee most of that equipment is leased and not actually owned by them. Theres no way they own all of that stuff and they can write off the money they are leasing the equipment for a tax break. If they weren't making money I don't think there would be a show.

Well lets see. A couple years ago, the old Glory hole proved to be more of a dangerous money pit than profitable enterprise, the Hoff Boys in South America found complete failure, less than a handful of gold and a few small dingy Diamonds even a NY City street hawk couldn't sell, and Parker had built a road up to the promise lands on Grandpa's claim only to haul thousands of yards of overburden to not get even close to bedrock and only getting a few ounces of gold that didn't cover his fuel. Was they all "making money"? I don't think so but the show went on.

I believe most here know something about leasing equipment vs buying. That big stuff still don't come cheap, buying or leasing, you want to run it, it costs big money because somebody has to pay for it.

Do they report all the gold that they find in the totals? Maybe they do but i don't think everybody would.

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-16 AT 07:18AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-16 AT 07:12?AM (MST)

I think Todd Hoffman even said it once - the real "Gold" they found was Discovery Channel. They were all getting paid through their failures. There is no way all those guys would have held on through that first year even if they didn't have the promise of getting paid by Discovery Channel. Here is a pretty interesting article estimating how much they make based on viewership. I am not sure this is 100% accurate, but they get paid enough to keep going despite disastrous seasons and massive overhead. So yes, it is a pretty penny:

https://www.quora.com/How-much-does...per-season-How-much-would-that-be-per-episode

HOOK 'EM!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom