Do you use 10x binos for Big Game Hunting?

TipMOver

Do you use 10x binos for Big Game Hunting?

If so, what brand do you use? Specifically looking for what 10x40 or 10x42 type bino you're using.

I'll start with my 10x42 Swaro EL's.

I use the Swarovski 10x42 SLC and the 15x56 SLC. Taking the 10's to Africa at the end of the month. Won't need to glass long distances and pick the hills apart where we are going.

I used low end 10x's for years. They helped me find a lot of game. I now use 8.5x ELS. I don't feel I've lost anything in the big country I hunt (Western Wyoming) and like the slightly wider field of view and increased brightness.

I have a pair of 10X42 Leupolds and 10X42 SLC. Picked the SLC's up on a screaming deal recently or I would have went with 8.5X42 ELs.

400bull

I currently have a pair of the old 10x42 EL's, 2 pair of 8x30 SLC's, a pair of 15x56 SLC's and last fall I picked up a pair of the new 10x42 Swarovision EL's. For bow hunting and turkey hunting my favorite is the 8x30 SLC but for mule deer and elk hunting I like the 10x42 EL's. The new swarovsions are amazing.

10X42 Wind Rivers i believe and 15X56 Swaros. The Swaros are everything I heard they are. One of the best purchases I ever made. Only thing I'm lacking is a quality, lightwieght spotter. Not to highjack the post but I would like recommendation on the best pakcable spotter. I've been thinking a 15X45, 60 mm Zeiss. Does Vortex make anything comparable??????

10x42 Zeiss Victory FL T's. Awesome Glass. Truly it comes down to what YOUR EYES like the best. I have used all of the top end glass and these were the best for me in the 10X.

I have the vortex talon 10x42 which is excellent except for the "attached" lens covers. There isn't enough room on the barrel for the attachment rings and the covers themselves. Not really a big issue, I simply removed them.

10x42 zeiss victory fl t *, love them. I found a great deal or I would most likely be packing the 10x56 of the same line

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Just switched to a pair of EL 8 x 32's, still have my 10's as well, but going to roll with the 8's for this years elk hunt.

"My only regret in life is setting my goals too low"

10x42 SLC for the field and 15x56 SLC for the tripod work.
Lots of good stuff on the market. These are the ones I've settled on.

Zeke

10x50 leicas..yeah,.kind of heavy,.but for hours of glass'n they are tough to beat.Besides, i got a thick neck...hehe.
Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom