Dodged a Bullet

ElmerFudd

Very Active Member
Was driving slow behind a parking lot... Lower ball joint on my 96 Tacoma separated on a bump. I shudder to think what the same failure would have done had it happened a few miles down the road at 70 mph! I wasn't mad, upset, just happy it wasn't more than this. How often do you feel happy after a breakdown?
263920140425_131522.jpg

my wife hopped in my truck to go to the store one day, I heard it start then turn off, she came back in the house and said that it wouldn't turn. so I go to have a look and the pittman arm broke right at the linkage bar. it scares the crap out of me to think of what could have happened. the man upstairs was defiantly looking out for her that day.

Stop with then lies. Mm experts have told us for years Toyotas are infallible. Seriously though good thing it was low speed.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

It Relates back to the CHEAP/CHINA Built Metals & everything else We have here in the U.S. that have been Destroyed By Our Government in a ROUND-A-BOUT Way!

Quality Metal Doesn't Shear off like that!

Let's Buy some More JUNK from Countries that Don't Give a Damn!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I see nothing wrong! That's the way most Toyotas look if they're used in the mountains. JK

"Dodged a bullet" is right!
Better lucky than good, EF.
You deserve to be lucky every once in a while.

Zeke

had the same thing happen a few years ago on my pickup. On our way back from shed hunting, we were going through a canyon. I usually haul ass through it but for some reason that day I was going slow. Girls and my friend even asked why, didn't have an answer. We pulled into Mcdonalds right after that canyon and it busted right there in the middle of the parking lot. Would have been a hell of a ride in that canyon if it busted then.
Glad to see you were going slow when it broke!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Had the same kind of thing on an old GMC 1500 short bet.

Had flown to work down the highway at 70+, pulled into the parking lot behind the store and was backing into a parking spot when my left front arm snapped.

Can imagine what would have happened at 70 mpg...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom