Doe Antelope, Unit 94-7

JimmyG

Hey, My son and i drew a couple of doe antelope tags for unit 94. They are type 7 tags so we have to be within 1 mile of irrigated land. I am looking to see if anyone may know someone with an alfalfa field that has some antelope in it come september that would be willing to let a youth hunter and me shoot a couple.

Thanks for any help....

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-11 AT 07:54AM (MST)[p]I suggest you hightail it up about 10 miles past the Fort Bridger turn off. You can take the Carter exit and then turn left on the highway to Carter. There is a dirt road that cuts through irrigated pasture land 2 or 3 miles north of the freeway. It peals off to the right. Drive that road and check with the various houses you come to. You can also just do a pass by on the freeway to try to figure out the access roads to these houses. There are always a lot of antelope in those fields that can be seen from the freeway. I'm very familiar with 94, for buck hunting, but have never gone after antelope along these fields. Just giving you some general advise as to where there are some irrigated fields. There are also a few irrigated fields over around Opal, along the Hams Fork River. You might check there if this other area doesn't pan out. Good Luck!

>could you pm me about what
>the -7 part pf 94-7
>means? thanks!!
>
The -7 is a restriction on the hunt, You can only hunt within 1 mile of irrigated land.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-11 AT 11:43AM (MST)[p]JimmyG---You beat me to the punch! Yep, type 7 means it's a doe/fawn tag and in the hunting regulations that are now published and up on the F&G website for unit 94, it specifically states that those tags are only good for an animal within one mile of irrigated land.

For those not aware of it, if you go onto the F&G website and highlight "Hunting" over on the left side of the main page, you will get a popup and then you can click on "Hunting Regulations". That brings up another popup where you can click on whatever animal you want to look up. That is usually up on the website well before the drawings for deer and antelope are completed and it has the opening and closing dates for each hunt, wheras the draw application pamphlets only have maps with the opening dates. The only other way to find out the official closing date of a season is to wait until they send a booklet out to you with your license if you draw a tag. Being able to get at that information to plan a trip is nice and handy in case you need to turn in vacation plans to your boss earlier than when they mail your tags to you.

I've been wondering about those license types. I'm a midwesterner, trying to figure out how to hunt out west, and I plan on buying my first points in Wyoming this year. Been trying to decode all the regs recently, and haven't quite figured out license type. I get the unit being discussed here. On the Antelope area info sheet, it states under the description section for area 94-7 "Limited quota; 200 licenses doe or fawn valid in that portion of Area 94 on or within one (1) mile of irrigated lands." Simple enough. But, area 42, for example, says in the type 7 description "Limited quota; 200 licenses doe or fawn" which is pretty much the same as what it says for 42-6 (which is "Limited quota; 300 licenses doe or fawn"). What gives? If anyone can tell me the difference between a 42-6 and a 42-7, I sure would appreciate it.

Jeff46---Welcome to the site! I looked up what you have asked and the only difference is that the type 6 opens on 9/25 when the type 1 opens and the type 7 licenses aren't good until 10/5. I would presume that is to lessen the crowds in the unit the first ten days and still give out a large number of tags to drop the doe count quite a bit.

Thanks for the info, Topgun, and for the welcome. I've been looking around some of the other threads a bit, and this is a great site.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom