Doe pronghorn cache rich area

Tjr1

I'm wonder does any body know where the pronghorns winter in this area. A buddy son Drew and they went up by Randolph this weekend and didn't see a antelope. Any information wound be appreciated thanks.

Good luck around randolph. In 1 day we saw 3 that were on public ground. You can try the back side of the crawfords and see what has migrated in.

My boy had this same hunt in Oct. Tag soup. Two years ago we saw about 200 lopes. We saw about 20 this year all on private. Even rancher friends say there aren't many this year. I know the unit well. They need to discontinue this hunt. There are NO surplus of antelopes on the unit. They used to have two doe tags per hunter and they cut back. Again they need to stop this hunt period. Spread the word on your hunters survey.
thanks.

I have had that tag.
Its kind of funny.
Sometimes you see lots of them, sometimes you don't see any at all.
Sometimes you see them only on Deseret property.

I found that most of the locals are really cool about letting you on their property, except deseret. The thing is, they might not have any on the property.

On my hunt, the only antelope we found were on the Wyoming side of the border.
Ate the tag.

The next year, Antelope all over the Utah side.
What can you say?

I would agree with others, its a hunt that probably should not exist.

As for your hunt, just keep at it. It only takes one goat to be in your area for you to fill the tag. All you can do is keep looking.

As for your question, where do they winter?
Thats it. The entire valley has antelope in it on occasion.
If there is one spot that holds them, more than another, I have never found it.

I have family friends who live in Randolph and I spend a bit of time over there in the winter.

Consistent Pronghorn in the valley is tough if you ask me.

Good luck. Hopefully you get one.

72logo.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom