Does anyone know anything else about this?

muley505

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, FEB. 17, 2014:

Chairman resigns from State Game Commission

SANTA FE ? Scott Bidegain, chairman of the New Mexico Game Commission, tendered his resignation from the commission over the weekend. Bidegain represents Game Commission District 4.

In his resignation letter, Bidegain stated: ?I am honored to have served on the commission and as its chair. Unfortunately, I was present during a hunting incident earlier this month that will result in charges being filed shortly. I believe that it is in the best interest of the Commission and the Department that I step down at this time. I think you should be proud to know that throughout this incident, the officers at the Department acted honorably and professionally.?

Department conservation officers diligently pursue all wildlife violations in their efforts to protect and conserve the state?s wildlife. Department officers filed a misdemeanor charge in Quay County Magistrate Court today against Bidegain alleging he was an accessory to the unlawful killing of a cougar.

Vice Chairman Thomas ?Dickie? Salopek will lead the commission following Bidegain?s resignation.

One down, 5 more to get caught. Notice that I say "caught" and not "to go". I have absolutely no faith in the NM game commission. That is one entity that needs to be elected rather than appointed??

>That is one entity that
>needs to be elected rather
>than appointed??

Be careful what you wish for!

>>That is one entity that
>>needs to be elected rather
>>than appointed??
>
>Be careful what you wish for!
>
Exactly, very bad idea IMO.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-14 AT 02:36PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-14 AT 02:35?PM (MST)

Found these documents, still not entirely clear as to the offense.

Nevermind, cannot get the link to post????

Ya, you guys are right. After thinking about it I remembered that everyone loves to bi$&ch, but no one votes in this state so it would be a cake walk for anti-hunters to clean sweep the commission.

Thanks for the clarification. I figured there was more to the story than the snippet that was on the NMDGF website.

IMO... and this is just IMO... the dumping of the dogs was an afterthought... I bet they got busted because of the two days before the hunt rule and then having to report... again this is just my theory..

Mountain lion on his cattle ranch,I really don't see a problem protecting your livihood by killing the cat on your own ranch.
Or should he wait until it kills a few head of cattle.

Now if he was on the FS or Blm land, different story.
Guess you can wait now and see if some-one better is put on, or some-one worse.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

....he was on somebodies hit list.....the coyote killing contest mentioned towards the end tells more of this story than the supposed "facts"......sounds like New Mexico is the next California....

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom