Does anyone still use a real muzzle loader still?

DBG3285

So does anyone still use a real muzzle loader? Or has everone swithed to the easy way of using an almost modern rifle?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-08 AT 08:36PM (MST)[p]Yep, .54 roundball Traditions Hunter, I like it. There are still a few traditionalists out there.

yep, thats all i shoot now.
.54 lyman gpr flinter
.50 tc hawken perc.
.50 traditions kentucky flinter
.45 northwest rifle
.50 cva bobcat "not exactly traditional with the plastic stock lol"
And an old .54 smoothbore flinter.

Well it is good to see a few of us still out there. All i hear about on this site is which Sabot to use or which scope or if cci's 209 is better than others and yadda yadda ya. I was just wondering if there was still a few good hunters out there and i am glad to see there is. This too is all i do. I've got:

Lyman Great Plains .54
Green River Arms .54
Lyman DeerHunter .45

I do my Michigan deer hunting durring our muzzy season with a T/C Renegade lefthand 54 cal. shooting patched round ball.NICE SHOOTER !

Here are mine.
First one is a TC Renegade with a Green Mountain 50 cal 1-28 twist Stainless Steel barrel. It has a Lyman 57 SML peep and a lyman 17 AML globe front site.
The Second one is the same but with double set triggers.
The third one is a TC Renegade with a Green Mountain 32" long 1-18 twist .458 barrel. The sights are a Lyman 57 SML peep and a Lee Shavers Globe with a level. All three have shot several groups at 100 yards under 1"
Ron

2250Far_speaker.jpg

2250Flatlander_2.jpg

2250458_bennit_mountain_mag_2_5.jpg

I have both and enjoy both: A T/C renegade and an Omega. Have never used a scope or shot a sabot out of either. Used my renegade for a Colorado elk hunt last fall.

However, the Omega was not built to shoot conicals, so I am trading it in on a Knight KRB7.

But I do enjoy the renegade the most.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Idahoron, my father in law made me a rifle that looks almost identical to the third one you posted. she's a beauty. here are the pics of her before he finished it.
I just got it last year and have yet to kill any thing with it.
He carved the tiger maple himself.
shoots very nice groups too.

47c889ba091e98ea.jpg

47c8896f07a3ccde.jpg

47c889db168a3df2.jpg

47c88b3a1bfa82b1.jpg

I have 2 T/C Renegades Twins to Idaho Rons .50 & 45 GM.
Along with my 8 Whites.

RS

If someone is Interested in the .45 Grn mnt Renegade I am going to sell it.Its an exact twin to Id Rons gun.

Does yours have the 1-18 twist? Why are you getting rid of them? Man I love my 45. Day in and day out I can shoot under 1.5" groups with that gun on a regular basis. Is the 50 a stainless steel barrel 1-28 twist? Send some pictures and prices, a friend of mine might be interested. Ron

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-08 AT 11:56PM (MST)[p]I've got a Browning Mtn. Rifle. 54 cal hawken. Shoots 240 gr. patched round balls.

One of my hunting partners has a pair of beautiful custom built cap guns, and a flintlock. He doesn't hunt much with the flint, but uses his cap guns all the time. Killed two nice 6 pt. bulls with his .45 last year. Shot them with a 495 gr. conical going about 1450 fps, and both dropped in their tracks.

Here is my baby. Didn't draw any muzzy hunts last year, hopefully this year. T/C Hawken w/50 cal Green Mountain stainless. I re-finished the stock and IdahoRon walked me through setting up the sights. She is a tack driver. Can't wait to have her bark at a buck or bull.

Muzzleloader1.jpg

Smokepoler63

hell yaeh !! the only muzzleloaders i shoot are real muzzleloaders !! i shoot a .50 cal TC renegade , my dad was given the kit when he was my age, now i use it both my dad a bro shoot lyman trade rifles .54 cal.
IMG007_0002.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom