Dog Boarding near Grand Junction

oilcan

Long Time Member
I will be Deer Hunting near GJ during the 3rd season and am looking for a place to possibly board my Dogs while I'm there. I am going to S.D. Pheasant Hunting following the Deer Hunt and although I could take them to our Hunting camp I'm not sure my group would appreciate there " enthusiasm ".
Any info would be appreciated

Bean,
There's 2 and they are German shorthaired pointers.
My plan right now is to only bring my older one who is very mellow and will do fine in camp. My pup will be13 months old at that time and I would love to get her the experience in S.D. But she would need to be boarded for sure during my deer Hunt.
Thanks

Oh and I have googled/yelp but I would like to hear from someone with first hand experience before I leave my dogs with someone for a week.
Thanks

If it was my dog i'd feel better boarding it, than leaving it alone in camp.

Lots of critters 2 legged and 4 legged that can do harm to the dog.

Just my .02

Upper Valley Kennel
3460 G Rd, Clifton, CO 81520
(970) 464-5713

We have used them with our dogs a couple of times with good results. Just bring your own food or they can provide food and bring current vaccination records.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

My neighbor is "Joann's Dogs"...in Whitewater (just south of town). They have a small kennel. If those don't pan out, then I can ask them about it & get you a # She does mostly grooming.
John 14:6

Used Upper Valley several X, not bad. Best in town is Animal Nanny, w pond, fenced acreage. Probably stay there myself next time I'm in the River City.

Thanks everyone for the reply's i talked to the lady at upper valley seemed real nice and the rates are reasonable. I'll keep an eye out but that may be the place I take them.

Just a follow up I used Upper Valley Kennel and was very happy with there service I would recommend them to anyone who needs to board there pet.
Thanks to everyone for there help

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom