Doing my part for NM mule deer

passthrough

We had a good afternoon last weekend callin some northern dogs. We shot 5, and gave one a degree in coyote call'n. Here is a picture of a huge male we shot, I figure he weighed around 40-45 pounds.
47576e913e7d91da.jpg

Cool. Not that I ever want NMDGF to go to a point system, but if they did, they ought to consider awarding points for pelts...

Nice! I've always wanted to get into yote hunting, but never know where to start. I don't know basic techniques. What type of call do you suggest? The last yote I killed was two years ago with a bow on my elk hunt in 16D. Any pointers would be appreciated.

congrat on dog!

was telling PJHNTR other day. I missed nice coyote up at Camel track when I was pratice shots for my elk! didn't go for my cow!

vinihunt

RABIDRATTLER, you just need to get yourself a few calls , any of the rabbit sqealers are good. Sportsmans Warehouse has a great predator hunting area set up to help out.The n just go find an area that has coyotes and hunt. Set up in areas you'll have better view, call and glass and wind is HUGE when calling.It's trial and error and as crazy as it may seem ,coyotes will test you.Get some coyote dvds, they are pretty great watching and are full of helpful info.Best of luck!

Thanks for the info. I think I will get some dvd's. I have new interest in getting after yotes because one of the supplier reps I deal with is the brother-in-law of a Savage Arms VP. HE said he could get me any rifle at cost so I am going to take adavatage. Probably get a .223

.223 is my poison too.Great little hammer, no recoil so you can see them fold in the scope and just to warn you , coyote hunting is VERY addicting and gets costly....

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom